I've lost my dog, but thanks to his microchip he's now been found!!!

What's worrying me is that he may be at the pound. If someone has picked him up and he's been put there, it's likely he'll be there until Monday when I can get to speak to someone. Does anyone know if there's a phone number which will go straight through to the kennels? I'm assuming there are people who work there at weekends?

I tried Cliffe kennels but they don't deal with stray dogs.

Is the dog- pound the kennels at Mosborough?

(on Quarry hill?)

Classic Rock, I hope you are reunited with your Jack soon.

What area of sheffield did he go missing in? I will keep my eyes open when out with my 2, i really hop ehe turns up, i cant think of anything worse. Good luck

No PT this is Sheffield Dog Rescues kennels, also Mosborogh Boarding Kennels

What area of sheffield did he go missing in? I will keep my eyes open when out with my 2, i really hop ehe turns up, i cant think of anything worse. Good luck

Shirecliffe :help:

Sorry, just see it on your first post!

I really do hope he turns up!

I'm in Shiregreen and that's not to far away so i'll keep my eyes peeled. Hope he turns up!

Fingers crossed you get him back very soon. Did you contact Dogs Lost yet? If not, have you made up any posters at all, it would be worth getting even makeshift flyers made up and sticking them around the local area asap. I'd aim for shops, pubs etc just to get his details out there quickly.

CR - have you got a pic you can show us?

I don't think he's turned up in the pound yet, but I'm back there in the morning so can check for you

Is there any news hun ?

Sorry for no update, I've been out at work all evening. Still no sign of him. We spent the afternoon walking the area and driving around, but no sign.

How does this microchip thingy work? He was microchipped when I got him as a rescue dog. Surely if the pound or some other rescue place get hold of him then they'll scan him, my details come up and they make contact with me, or is it more complicated than that?

I've filled in the form on the Council's website, so does that constitute me as having reported Jack as missing?

I filled in the form on Doglost website. The poster that the site generates is pretty poor so I'm going to design something else. Not had time yet, been too busy scouring the area!

Another question...if a dog has been injured and found. Where would he likely to be taken?

I can't help but wonder that someone has taken him to their home and is keeping him there - either claiming him as their own, or waiting for the Council to reopen on Monday. Trying to picture Jack being safe and warm somewhere is helping me come to terms with this. It's horrible, I feel like I'm grieving!!