I've lost my dog, but thanks to his microchip he's now been found!!!

I've lost my dog tonight! He has escaped somehow from the garden and disappeared! I've walked the streets looking for him but no joy! Doberman cross, green camoflage collar, mainly black in colour, brindle legs. Name is Jack.

He is microchipped so I'm hoping he'll turn up somewhere. I've rung 101 and reported it to them.

Shirecliffe area.

:help::help::help:

Update on 30th October

Jack is still missing.

Spotted on Saturday 25th walking down Rutland Road and later on Infirmary Rd nr Tesco. Not seen since...unless you know different!?

Posters are up all over Shirecliffe. Various forummers have offered to put posters up around the city. All postmen have been informed who cover the S5 area to look out thanks to my sympathetic postie. All neighbouring city council dog pounds have been informed and any dog rescue place which Google could turn up.

Hope you find him any news ? notice you couldn't sleep i know it's a worry.

If you have some pics then put him on this website

http://www.doglost.co.uk

It is a fab site and there are registered helpers who live in every area, they help to search and download posters to put up for you. Dogslost also contact rescues, pounds, kennels etc to email posters and pull out all the stops to find your dog.

Good luck I hoope he turns up soon.

101 were utterly useless. The operator said they would search their database to see if anyone had called in and let me know. Then the police at Hammerton Rd called me at 7am to say the police don't deal with dogs anymore and to try the dog warden. I said I knew it wasnt a police matter, but expected the council to handle this. The PC said that 101 is a police service not Council, which is wrong!!! It's advertised as both police AND council!!

Anyway, i was given the number of the dog warden which i rang only to find out it's a Mon to Fri 9-5 service! There was a mobile number to ring if you have found a dog, which I rang but it didn't work!

What do I do next, I'm going frantic????

any luck yet i would ring round local vets and put some posters up.

Have there been any sightings ? or any response yet hun ?

Ring the dog pound.

Which is your nearest police station? It's worth popping in in person, rather than ringing. I know the operators say the police don't handle lost dogs, but some local stations do (unofficially) and have one kennel where they hold them for a few hours then pass them on to the pound. If your dog has gone through them they'll have a description written down, and they probably will take your detais just in case anyone does try to hand your dog in to them.

Other than that, make sure you post on dog lost, then print the poster off and stick it up everywhere.

Good Luck.

On a side note here this may be worth while even if your dog is chipped,Poundstretcher are selling the metal screw together dog ID things,you write your name and address and phone number on the paper inside then screw it up tight,may be a good thing to do for 49p.

On a side note here this may be worth while even if your dog is chipped,Poundstretcher are selling the metal screw together dog ID things,you write your name and address and phone number on the paper inside then screw it up tight,may be a good thing to do for 49p.

Yeah, it would be great if I had the dog! Where can I put this? :loopy:

I managed to get the phone number at the pound to work, it's an out of hours number that just takes you to an answering machine. I left a message. Just walked right round the area shouting his name and drove the wider area. No sign.

Ring the dog pound.

Which is your nearest police station? It's worth popping in in person, rather than ringing. I know the operators say the police don't handle lost dogs, but some local stations do (unofficially) and have one kennel where they hold them for a few hours then pass them on to the pound. If your dog has gone through them they'll have a description written down, and they probably will take your detais just in case anyone does try to hand your dog in to them.

Other than that, make sure you post on dog lost, then print the poster off and stick it up everywhere.

Good Luck.

My nearest station is Oxspring bank but as it's an SNA it tends to be unstaffed at weekends :(

Hammerton Road is the next nearest but they said they don't deal with dogs.