Sign in to follow this  

The Fountain Precinct brigade

Anyone else noticed the regular group of people who hang out in the Fountain Precinct "garden" (opposite Cole Brothers). I'm always amazed to see such a gathering. The other day the police were down there in their numbers. It's all very odd and possibly not what the designers had in mind for their garden... :lol:

Anyone else know what I'm on about? :P

I think I do... on a warm day, it smells of warm, rancid cider. Is that the place? I walk past it on my way to work (around 08:30) and there are people drinking White Lightning. I try to avoid eye contact... :?

There are some really shifty shady characters not only around there, but around the memorial outside the city hall, on the city hall steps at times and just milling around that area. Don't know why, I just sense the need to put on an assertive walk and get from A to B as quickly as possible in that area.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

There are some really shifty shady characters not only around there, but around the memorial outside the city hall, on the city hall steps at times and just milling around that area. Don't know why, I just sense the need to put on an assertive walk and get from A to B as quickly as possible in that area.

Yeah, I've seen those kids. I've never seen them doing anything wrong though, apart from the whole looking stupid thing that they do.

I think we are talking about 2 different groups of people here. The ones in the little garden are the alcoholic tramps, presumubly the ones that used to reside in the peace gardens before they were redesigned.

Then theres the kids who hang out by the city hall, generally wearing black t-shirts with rock bands on, and baggy jeans with metal chains, and sometimes carry skateboards. They are a pain in the arse and get in the way, but generally I haven't seen them cause any trouble. They are certainly less annoying than the kids who hang out at McDonalds and sing rubbish pop songs.

White Lightening? It was special brew in my day...

Originally posted by Classic Rock

I think thats actually where he means......

I know the place smelly people they are, and the kids outside the City Hall whats that all about??? sad thats what it is SAD!?!

They booted the alcho tramps out and banned them from going into that little garden and must say since they did i have not seen any in since.

I only work round the corner and rarely but rarely venture there so maybe i miss most of the gatherings.

No room in our super-duper Heart of the City with its 24 hour pulse and loft -livers for real people.Just summon a city-centre

ambassador to erase the unsightly image.

Well, I think I've discovered the new home of the alcoholics- The Bankers Draft (downstairs front bit)...!