Phillimore Road School, Darnall

oh my god!! i remember Mr Arnold :o I never got the rubber tho thank god, but my best mate did :mad:

Im tryna think of the head at that time, but i cant remember the name, anyone ?

We had a teacher come to our school from Phillimore in the 70s - Mr Staniland, anyone know him?

oh my god!! i remember Mr Arnold :o I never got the rubber tho thank god, but my best mate did :mad:

Im tryna think of the head at that time, but i cant remember the name,

anyone ?

can't think of heads name either- who's class were you in?

Do you remember Miss Shillitoe?- used to do Poetry with

her

We had a teacher come to our school from Phillimore in the 70s - Mr Staniland, anyone know him?

yup i remember Mr Staniland he was ok. Dont remember Miss Shillitoe tho soz.

i cant remember many teachers names, i must be older than u pink hun or maybe i just got a crappy memory :?

but i was there in the 70's

I remember the Lister family very well. There was also another Lister family

who went to the school too. I also remember the knitting of the dish cloths,

I went there in 72 ish. Eventually had Mr Arnold (very strict) who if you

did anything wrong made you stand on a chair so he could throw a board rubber at you:gag: - my bad memories only come from being tormented by

other kids. I had someone in my class called Zane too- but couldn't be you cause of the year you left.

I think the Lister family was quite a large family maybe 9 to 11 chidren (vague). I'm of mixed origin and Christine Lister, god bless her, was the first person I can actually remember bringing it to my attention. I'm really quite pale, I've been described as anemic on bad days, not that that matters, but Christine enjoyed calling me 'blackie' very confusing for a small person who knew it was literally incorrect. I have to admit as a consequence I had a great dislike for all types Ginger after that, but got over that when I actually had to mix and work with Gingers!! We're all human regardless of colour, the rest really doesn't matter to me. Any way back to Chistine, I eventually built up enough courage to stand up to Christine and would eventually shout her down, amazing how quickly you can pick up bad behaviour. No grudges held, hope you faired well Christine if you're out there. We used to live on Fitzmaurice Road, a long road of terraced housing with outside toilets in the back yards, Shops at both ends of the street. I think Flo's was one of them, her husband either had one arm or leg, war casualty, there was a similar shop across the road but run by a man, he would accept any coupons from promotions as long as he stocked the goods and we could trade off the coupons for sweets. At the other end of the street there was a cafe, Dyfella's (or similar) lovely man, his wife was a great knitter, she could knit without watching her needles!! I remember a boy called Albert, again from a largish family, remember my dad carting him off to the hospital with Appendicitis in the back of his van. Jubilee Road ran parallel to fitzmaurice but I think they actually had gardens instead of yards? Really vague memories of a hard place. Cold winters, smog, no greenery.

That brings back such memories of the roads for me- My Mum lives on

Fitzmaurice now- the roads run 'across'- instead of down iyswim now,

I had i think Glenn Lister in my year at school.

I think the Lister family was quite a large family maybe 9 to 11 chidren (vague). I'm of mixed origin and Christine Lister, god bless her, was the first person I can actually remember bringing it to my attention. I'm really quite pale, I've been described as anemic on bad days, not that that matters, but Christine enjoyed calling me 'blackie' very confusing for a small person who knew it was literally incorrect. I have to admit as a consequence I had a great dislike for all types Ginger after that, but got over that when I actually had to mix and work with Gingers!! We're all human regardless of colour, the rest really doesn't matter to me. Any way back to Chistine, I eventually built up enough courage to stand up to Christine and would eventually shout her down, amazing how quickly you can pick up bad behaviour. No grudges held, hope you faired well Christine if you're out there. We used to live on Fitzmaurice Road, a long road of terraced housing with outside toilets in the back yards, Shops at both ends of the street. I think Flo's was one of them, her husband either had one arm or leg, war casualty, there was a similar shop across the road but run by a man, he would accept any coupons from promotions as long as he stocked the goods and we could trade off the coupons for sweets. At the other end of the street there was a cafe, Dyfella's (or similar) lovely man, his wife was a great knitter, she could knit without watching her needles!! I remember a boy called Albert, again from a largish family, remember my dad carting him off to the hospital with Appendicitis in the back of his van. Jubilee Road ran parallel to fitzmaurice but I think they actually had gardens instead of yards? Really vague memories of a hard place. Cold winters, smog, no greenery.

oooh we were brought up on fitzmaurice rd, i bet i no u :o

How do we establish who we are without giving too much (always a certain amount of Ananimity shown on the Sheff Forum).

I can tell you that we came to live on Fitzmaurice in 1967, we lived at 51 first then 32 (the old chippy). We were a family consisting of mum and dad, five girls and one boy. Dad was originally from the British colony of Aden, mum is doriginally from Edinburgh

i went to phillimore from 1992 till 2000 and mi mum went there when she was little and her old techer was my head master there. mr pleasents. was a right mardy hit. should never be aloud to have worked with kids they way he used to talk to them

We moved on to Fitzmaurice (the new one) when i was 14- already at

Senior school by then lol

i went to phillimore from 1992 till 2000 and mi mum went there when she was little and her old techer was my head master there. mr pleasents. was a right mardy hit. should never be aloud to have worked with kids they way he used to talk to them

When i went there he was the P.e teacher

How do we establish who we are without giving too much (always a certain amount of Ananimity shown on the Sheff Forum).

I can tell you that we came to live on Fitzmaurice in 1967, we lived at 51 first then 32 (the old chippy). We were a family consisting of mum and dad, five girls and one boy. Dad was originally from the British colony of Aden, mum is doriginally from Edinburgh

yes i no what u mean. i will tell u that i do remember ur family tho and i too can tell u that ur dad knew my dad very well and ur mum and my mum were good pals. Now let me give u a hint see if u no who i am lol. Well our family consists of 3 girls one boy, we lived nr the old chippy, so im guessin that im sure ur who i think, but... im not sure that u will remember me cos i was the youngest of the family, but u will deffo no my bro and sisters :) Can i ask ur age just to make sure im right ? and pinky hun im guessin i no u to but no sure, how old r u ? Im 36.