Girls Aloud - Probably the best girl band ever?

How is a group any less manufactured just because the svengali happens to be related to them?

I dunno about the Nolans (who are so far from being "the greatest pop girl act that we have ever seen?" that bringing them up in this thread is just absurd) but both the Osmonds and Jackson 5 like many 'child stars' were completely manufactured by their parents who used them as tools to make money.

None of these karaoke acts will be around in a few years, the 'Osmonds' and the 'Jacksons still are, look at 'Hearsay' ; didn't last a year.

Regarding the 'Nolans' at least they could sing 'Live'.

I prefer more substantial talent with lasting power not 5 minutes of fame publicity reliant 'Spice Girl' wanabes.

Supremes vote here but if we are going for cheesy pop what about Bananarama, the best selling girl group of all time (until the spiceys turned up).

Are you aware that Banarama never once performed live; probably didn't even perform on their own so called records.

Girls Aloud best ever ? No way ! Have you ever heard The Three Degrees, in their prime ? Less girls AND better singers !

Are you aware that Banarama never once performed live; probably didn't even perform on their own so called records.

lol and that's probably what made them sooo good!

The OP doesn't seem to have enough taste to know many 'proper' bands but if you wanna get all purist about it The Bangles are still pretty lame
, The Ditty Bops are all proper bands and pretty damn good as well.

There was a element of tongue in cheek when I created this thread, but given that it has rattled a few cages I best set the record straight.... I do like and listen to 'proper' bands :)

There was a element of tongue in cheek when I created this thread, but given that it has rattled a few cages I best set the record straight.... I do like and listen to 'proper' bands :)

I never expected any less! :thumbsup::)

StarSparkle

Are you seriously suggesting that Girls Aloud are 'greater' than The Supremes, Candy & Kisses, The Orlons, The Shangri-Las, The Shirelles... :loopy:

The Ronettes, The Slits, The Go-Go's...

I think they've had some great songs-Biology,Whole Lotta History and the new one which wouldn't surprise me if it gets to No.1

:thumbsup:Good prediction as 'The Promise' goes straight in at number 1 ....

:thumbsup:Good prediction as 'The Promise' goes straight in at number 1 ....
My predictions are usually pretty good-see football thread prediction league...:thumbsup:

barely!

My bold: the fact that their gimmick is 'ooh look we're 'raw', we play really sloppy like and it's rock and roll' which basically translates to 'i only learned two chords before i started a band'. i Prefer proffessional sounding bands rather than drunk sounding ones.

Which is obviously why you were reading a thread about Girls Aloud :hihi:

barely!

My bold: the fact that their gimmick is 'ooh look we're 'raw', we play really sloppy like and it's rock and roll' which basically translates to 'i only learned two chords before i started a band'. i Prefer proffessional sounding bands rather than drunk sounding ones.

There go the rantings of a mental pygmy regarding music. anyone with the most meagre knowledge of music would know that many genuine Rock and Roll songs required at least three chords; some 4 even.