Girls Aloud - Probably the best girl band ever?

I would not say they are the greatest girl pop act, no no no....they are like plastic dolls. Way to manufactured.

They are a manufactured female Karaoke group of totty and not a band, you wouldn't liken them to bands such as Oassis, Eagles, Free, Cream etc.

They are a manufactured female Karaoke group of totty and not a band, you wouldn't liken them to bands such as Oassis, Eagles, Free, Cream etc.

No you wouldn't...but I wouldn't ever say Oasis in same breath as Free.....it's all subjective..

for what they are I think they are quite good, manufactured bands are simply people who get lucky enough to have financial backing....they have good voices and no doubt a very very well qualified bunch of musicians writing their songs for them.

most motown music was 'manufactured'.....doesn't stop it being very good and melodic.

Are you seriously suggesting that Girls Aloud are 'greater' than The Supremes, Candy & Kisses, The Orlons, The Shangri-Las, The Shirelles... :loopy:

Yes, as it goes. They were all manufactured bands too. Ah, I suppose you will say, but they don't manufacture them like they used to. Just cos the groups you mention are from the '60s don't make them all that.

So, are Girls Aloud the greatest pop girl act that we have ever seen?

Do tell........ :)

On a technical note, I hate the label girl band or boy band, since not a single member plays any musical instruments.

In my opinion a band actually makes their music as well as singing.

If you take away their music, and just listen to the girls singing, then their lack of musical ability would be made obvious, unlike others who can genuinely sing or can produce music whilst they sing.

So the best girl band ever, nah they are only 5 girls using the same and only instument their voice.

A better example of a girl "band" is the Bangles, they played their guitars!

Girls Aloud? :gag:

Just more manufactured pop pap! :rant:

I still haven't forgiven them for ruining DC Lee's "See The Day" last year! :rant::loopy:

Simon Cowell wants shooting IMO.

:thumbsup:

Definitely :)

Yes, as it goes. They were all manufactured bands too.

:huh: And where did I say they weren't manufactured? 'Girl pop acts' obviously have a habit of being manufactured.

Ah, I suppose you will say, but they don't manufacture them like they used to. Just cos the groups you mention are from the '60s don't make them all that.

And where did I say they were good because they're from the 60s? Which I wouldn't have said anyway even if I did think being around in the 60s magically made an act a good one as I know some were formed in the 50s.

They're great acts because they put out wonderful records like You Can't Hurry Love, The 81, Don't hang up, Give Him A Great Big Kiss, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow....

If I had to decide I'd probably plump for The Supremes as 'the greatest pop girl act that we have ever seen' they've got a whole bunch of absolutely amazing songs which wipe the floor with anything I've heard from Girls Aloud.

On a technical note, I hate the label girl band or boy band, since not a single member plays any musical instruments.

In my opinion a band actually makes their music as well as singing.

If you take away their music, and just listen to the girls singing, then their lack of musical ability would be made obvious, unlike others who can genuinely sing or can produce music whilst they sing.

So the best girl band ever, nah they are only 5 girls using the same and only instument their voice.

A better example of a girl "band" is the Bangles, they played their guitars!

The OP doesn't seem to have enough taste to know many 'proper' bands but if you wanna get all purist about it The Bangles are still pretty lame

, The Ditty Bops are all proper bands and pretty damn good as well.

I don't mind listening to a few of the better Girls Aloud songs such as 'Biology' :thumbsup: (definitely their best song) 'Whole Lotta History' and 'Love Machine' but I don't take them too seriously.

The Shirelles are easily the best girl group in my opinion.

The Ronettes, the Chiffons, the Crystals and the Supremes weren't bad either ;)

:huh: And where did I say they weren't manufactured? 'Girl pop acts' obviously have a habit of being manufactured.

Whether you liked them or not the Nolans were only maufactured by their parents as were the Osmonds & Jacksons, that is natural talent, at the drop of a hat the Nolans and Osmonds could, without any backing sing without accompaniment.

Oh dear... I'm not trying to be difficult, but I honestly can't think of any Girls Aloud songs - apart from "Love Machine" and that's only because the Arctic Monkeys did a great version of it!

They don't write their own material, they can't play instruments, they can't really even sing very well - all they can do is pose, preen and look good. Which makes for a great video, and that is all that is required of them. They're totty to be gawped at, and make lots of money for the men behind the scenes who created them.

To call them a 'band' is to insult every musician in existence...

And even then, Girls Aloud aren't the best at what they do. All Saints were streets ahead of them in every way, including writing at least some of their own material.

Some genuine candidates might include Kenickie, the Slits, Lush, Elastica, Verucca Salt, etc - women who played their instruments, wrote their own material, toured as a band. Women who weren't just there to wear short skirts and be lusted after

StarSparkle