Apollo ex Jimmy James & the Vagabonds

I have been trying to find some stuff on the Sheffield band Apollo from the 90s but seem to have come up with nothing.

What I know of them is the lead singer was a member of Jimmy james band and sang Northern soul on the club circuits during the 80s and 90s...

It is possible I have the bands name wrong but i know it began with 'A' any help much appreciated.

I have recorded at Alan Kirk's home studio in Dronfield quite a number of times. He was the keyboard player with Jimmy James and the Vagabonds and became a member of Apollo (like you I'm not 100% sure of the name).

You can see him with JJ&TV on old TOTP2 clips performing Now Is The Time. He's a top bloke and a good producer too. He looks a bit like a mini Noel Edmunds.

I have recorded at Alan Kirk's home studio in Dronfield quite a number of times. He was the keyboard player with Jimmy James and the Vagabonds and became a member of Apollo (like you I'm not 100% sure of the name).

You can see him with JJ&TV on old TOTP2 clips performing Now Is The Time. He's a top bloke and a good producer too. He looks a bit like a mini Noel Edmunds.

Thought it was NASA

Thought it was NASA

You could be right, infact its looking likely that Nasa is the name of the band not apollo though the link name was correct....

I think that it stood for Neil (Neil Moore) Alan (Alan Kirk) and Stag (Drummer) Aliance :- NASA formed just after they left The Vagabonds.

Are they still going

As far as I know but the lineup has changed and the format; Alan Kirk being the only original member.

Its a bit late but yes the band was called NASA. 

Neil Moore left the band in the early 90s to form a band called Powerplay. I was the drummer with Neil for a couple of years. He then went sol when the band split up.

You could consider contacting the 'Ask Fred' page in MOJO's magazine. I've found them very helpful in the past.