Anyone heard of a Gerald mullen

He wasn't in the same league as the likes of Denis Hobson, Ray Morgan and Danny Shenton who were very hard but also very fair, not a bully amongst them.

I remember Gerald Mullen picking on the Nursery Tavern's self appointed hardman in the 70's, he didn't back down but Gerald did. He always had a small drunken guy with him, I mean drunk 24/7, I think that he was Scottish to.

danny shenton! now thats a name to remember. he was the main man.denis and raymond were dangerous, but when it came to danny thay were silver medalist!. i remember danny nipping over to the states now and again bare knukle fighting. the real deal, and i knew them all!.

big fat bullyboy

you obviously didnt know him,bet you wouldnt say it facing him!. i knew gerald very well. he was generous to a fault and would back you up if he knew you were right. he had his faults, we all did but that was the nature of the beast when you mixed in those circles.

you obviously didnt know him,bet you wouldnt say it facing him!. i knew gerald very well. he was generous to a fault and would back you up if he knew you were right. he had his faults, we all did but that was the nature of the beast when you mixed in those circles.

If memory serves me right Gerald got the contract to demolish the old Spear and Jackson factory around 1990. He started drinking along London road and also came in the cross guns. The rounds of shorts he would buy was unreal, even for his loose friends. I had to force him to have a drink back as he was a generous bloke. I know people have pulled him down but i cannot see why. He was a great bloke to me and others. I never seen him bully anyone and was great to have as a friend.

I've met his daughters before when I lived at Gleadless, and, I've heard my nan who used to be a London Road regular (and is Scottish) threaten her neighbours with Gerald before :hihi:

he also used to go in the cremone on london road along with... dg/bg/jb/ah/mc/rm dont know if i can put the names on here

yes you can put names up. was jb john barrett?.

Please could anyone tell me if this is Gerald Mullen that had a brother called Jonny and a sister Rita?

He used to drink in my uncle Colin Dyson's pub down in "Attercliff" The Salutation in the 60's I was serving behind the bar once and was picking up glasses and found a quid on the floor", a fair bit of money in those days". , I asked my uncle what to do with it and he said wait and see if someone claims it. Up walks Gerald to the bar and orders a round of drinks then goes to pay for it but couldn't find his money to which he said I had a quid in my pocket a couple of minutes ago, to which I said I just found a quid on the floor, thanks mate he said get one for yourself, when I told my uncle he just walked away shaking his head.

Hi i have letters from the 70's which mention all of the Mullen family. All the brothers and Rita and just wanted to know a little more.

He upset the Thompson family in Glasgow, thats why he moved down here. Arthur Thompson was arguably Britain's most dangerous criminal.

Is this the Gerry Mullen who was a car dealer at some time around 1969 and ran a Jenson Intercepter ?

No, different bloke. Gerry (the car dealer) was a partner of Ken Slack and they had a pitch on Station Road Darnall in the 60s. I last saw Gerry in Tesco Wath on Dearne a few years ago he was living locally, looked well.

Hello Ted Heath, thanks for that , I remember Ken Slack better , bought an MGB from Ken in 1969 , and used to have a drink with him and his girlfriend at the time , her name cant just remember.