Anyone heard of a Gerald mullen

The last time I saw Gerald he was having a tussle with the police on who owned the pantechnicon he was scrapping at the side of the Talbot on Hoyle Street.

I remember Gerald coming into the Sportsman on Cambridge St one Sunday night in the 70s and asking to join our three card brag school. A few knowing looks shot across the table but he sat down and joined in.

The very first hand he went blind until everybody had a peek and one by one chucked in their cards. Everybody except one.

Gerald was carrying loads of cash and kept going blind until my pal ran out of funds. He asked the landlord to stake him but was turned down. Whether it was because the landlord was a fellow Scot or whether he felt discretion was the better part of valour I'm not sure but Gerald had demonstrated that money makes money.

That pal of mine is a millionaire now so maybe the lesson was well learnt. :)

Does anyone remember Geralds brother, Johnny Mullen?

I used to drink with Gerry down the cliff round about 68_70 he also used to flog some gear back and forwards