Burglary in S8...

some thieving toe-rag broke into our hose this afternoon in broad daylight by kicking in the front door... and no one saw a thing.. likely.

anyone been offered a ps3, xbox360 or 2 passports? or failing that who it was?

is this connected to the other thread you started hour ago re police on chippinghouse?

Apparently there have been alot of burglaries around S8, in fact the other night the rozzers stopped my husband on his way home as he was running, and apparently this makes you look suspicous.

Very suspicious house boarded up on Meadowhead. The one that had all the cars and rubbish over the driveway (opp catholic church) Was it raided?

Very suspicious house boarded up on Meadowhead. The one that had all the cars and rubbish over the driveway (opp catholic church) Was it raided?

OMG is that house still going, can recall raiding this around 15 years ago..lol

Apparently there have been alot of burglaries around S8, in fact the other night the rozzers stopped my husband on his way home as he was running, and apparently this makes you look suspicous.

Or was it the strippey jumper and eye mask, together with his bag marked swag?:)

some thieving toe-rag broke into our hose this afternoon in broad daylight by kicking in the front door... and no one saw a thing.. likely.

anyone been offered a ps3, xbox360 or 2 passports? or failing that who it was?

Where in S8? I live in Batemoor and was robbed in May. They stole XBOX 360, laptop, hairdryer (?), camera and my daughters 5p's from a chocolate tin.

I know who it was, a local teenage ar*ehole, but without evidence the police could do sod all. Broad daylight, too.

You want any more info let me know.

Re, checking for stolen property in pawnshops and whatnot.

I can't emphasize this simple bit of advice enough, but -and this only takes a few minutes at most- make sure you:

_ if you have one, stencil your items with an invisible ink pen incl. name - postcode - house number,

_ keep the bills if you bought items new, or printouts of eBay pages (or e.g. this Forum's pages/pms) when bought second-hand,

_ make a record of serial number of an item on its corresponding bill (and/or in a spreadsheet, but remember PCs get nicked),

_ take a photo of your items (easy these days with digital cameras!), preferably somewhere recognisable in your house (front of fire place or wherever) + print it,

_ put all this together in a folder, update the folder when you buy/sell stuff.

Sounds like a lot of effort ...but believe me, it's nothing compared to what effort you'll need to make in order to get anything out of your insurance or to get your item back from a pawnshop (if you don't).

where abouts in S8 as we were burgled in march of this year on woodseats road and all police said was it would prob be a toe rag off lowedges which was helpful!!

they also took things like yours minus the passports

hope your ook it affected me horribly so much so i had to move as i couldnt be in the house

why was my post removed ? jaysus this forum is pathetic sometimes.

I said if i saw someone breaking into my house i would use a bat on them removed

another poster with more posts recently started a thread celebrating somones death .. did it get taken off ?? did it ****

:rant:

Again where abouts in s8 was this please