Fright Night Map

Why do people moan about it, IT'S FREE if their was nothing you would moan, if they did something and you had to pay you would moan, and they have done some thing and its FREE and you still moan.

Fright Night is great, we went and overall it was good. However it needs zoning more. Having a big thrill ride next to a kiddie ride next to a burger outlet obviously doesn't work, it causes bottlenecks and congestion. There isn't a natural flow of people around the attractions just hoards of people acting like confused worker bees at the neck of a hive.

I personally think a space should be provided for the rides separate from the entertainment, likewise the market perhaps more down the strip to create a flow of people and the opportunity to promenade and admire all the great fancy dress efforts.

The peace gardens and Tudor square should again be lent to entertainment without the intrusion of funfair rides. As a family event it is becoming more fairground in feeling and detracting from the original plan.

Me the OH and our 3 kids went for the first time this year. I must admit, it was difficult at times getting through the crowds (we had a pushchair with us as well), as did many other people. All in all it was quite good (even though it cost me a bit), just a couple of occasions where i was a bit peeved with some people. We were stood in the Peace Gardens at one point, when about 10 youths came running our way, spraying silly string everywhere. One of them knocked my son as they passed, which frightened him a bit, and later on some girl decided it would be a good idea to walk right in front of me, then had the front to say "Thanks for stepping on my foot". My reply to that I will not repeat on here.Having read the other posts, I agree that it would be better if more of the city was utilised in future, then people would be able to get around better. One highlight for me, was the drumming group who were performing outside a shop on Fargate. They kept having to be moved though as there were a lot of people watching them, so we followed to the next stop and carried on listening . Really talented people.

Although it was still a relatively good event, it was way too busy for me and I had to come home at 6.30pm as I was worried about losing my kids and that the smallest one kept getting walked into and pushed about :( We waited for about 20 mins or so the zombies at M+S but they didnt seem to be coming on - so we moved on only to find we couldnt get back again. If anyone has a video of the zombies could you let me know as son 1 was a bit dissapointed at missing them. Again no toilets which was very dissapointing - you would think that they might get some portaloos in for an event of this size:(

Really? I raised this issue before on here some time ago about town centre events, and I'm sure someone reassured me that there would be toilets open.:huh: It is really disgusting when adequate toilets are not provided, especially with the amount of money that the public are spending at these events. The issue of anti-social behaviour was raised last year too. There seemed to be way too many police at Bramall Lane on Saturday, weren't there enough police about at Fright Night?

so people want to charge to go into our own city centre very clever that like they did for the news years eve celebrations once i was in the winter gardens most of the time with the giant. I did manage to go out and have a look round was very busy the problem to me is the gangs i saw more couples than famlies.Having saying that people came all over the country to attend the event. got to agree about the toilets the one in the galleries closed at 5pm which i think they should have been left open .

Fright Night is great, we went and overall it was good. However it needs zoning more. Having a big thrill ride next to a kiddie ride next to a burger outlet obviously doesn't work, it causes bottlenecks and congestion. There isn't a natural flow of people around the attractions just hoards of people acting like confused worker bees at the neck of a hive.

I personally think a space should be provided for the rides separate from the entertainment, likewise the market perhaps more down the strip to create a flow of people and the opportunity to promenade and admire all the great fancy dress efforts.

The peace gardens and Tudor square should again be lent to entertainment without the intrusion of funfair rides. As a family event it is becoming more fairground in feeling and detracting from the original plan.

the fair has always been there and makes the event better it would be boring without it and dark

Glad to hear that people enjoyed the Zombies. It was Professor Vanessa Toulmin from the University of Sheffield that organised that along with M&S... They were all in fact students.

The event has grown year on year and the Council have already raised the idea of extending the footprint to make more room for people. Visitors are travelling from all over the UK to Fright Night and so we need to respond to the massive popularity of the event.

A big thank you to everyone for coming and to:-

Sheffield City Council - who provide core funding and support

First Buses - Our Main Sponsor who have been great again

Real Radio - Who run the Ghouls Gallery

Sheffield Newspapers - Who promote the event

The University of Sheffield - For bringing the Zombies & loads of themed stilt walkers

Thanks also to all the acts and organisations who came along to provide the entertainment.. :)

The event has grown year on year and the Council have already raised the idea of extending the footprint to make more room for people. Visitors are traveling from all over the UK to Fright Night and so we need to respond to the massive popularity of the event.

It's good to know that the events team are looking at extending the footprint and recognise that it has outgrown itself. Leopold street looks like the obvious choice to me as its already closed off to traffic on the night usually. Lets hope this happens for next year.

i had a wonderful time. I think the company are looking to expand - as always. Leopold st. & square and division street may get more involved next year... I hope so anyway!

Why do people moan about it, IT'S FREE if their was nothing you would moan, if they did something and you had to pay you would moan, and they have done some thing and its FREE and you still moan.

well said ...........

in spain they have festas for everything they can think of , I've been to festas to cellebrate allsorts from jesus to chestnuts and we ought to do more like this in our fine city .

oh , also been to spain on halloween and the kids there dress up exactly the same as here , trick or treating in the bars ,cafes etc .

We went and enjoyed it, but I was upset by the rudeness of some adults who thought it appropriate to stand in front of my sons wheelchair and block his view!

Anyway no matter, its a fab event. You don't HAVE to use the overpriced burger bars, eat before you come out!