Millhouses knit and natter group

Hi Natalie,

Yes we still meet. Wednesday 19 December at Vanilla coffee shop, abbey dale rd round the corner from The Robin Hood pub at 2 pm or a Tuesday night which I think the next meeting will be Tuesday 2 January 7.30 at the Robin Hood pub.

Look forward to meeting you. I gues you may be new to the area, as I was from October 2011. We are a friendly group and I have made lots of new friends.

Regards Jan

Hello...

I've just moved to aston, sheffield from vietnam and had a baby girl... I really want to learn knitting and crochet so that i could make something special for my little girl like headband or blanket...unfortunely i dont know where to get tools like hooks, yarns and where to start... Anyone has a spare kit so that i can borrow and be willing to show me please... Thank you so so so much..

Hello

I have looked on the map and I think that the nearest Knitting/crochet group to you is one at Crystal Peaks Library which is on Monday mornings. My friend Chris runs the group and she would glad to be of help if you can get there. The ladies there do both knitting and crochet.

If you let me know if you think that you could get there and if you want to learn to knit or crochet I will let her know to bring some stuff for you.

If you cannot get to the group, then I suggest yhat you look on You Tube on the internet that has some good video clips showing you how to knit and crochet. If this is the case then I will send you either a crochet hook or some kneedles to help you learn.

Regards

Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did send you a message to inbox. Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers. Regards...

Hi,

I've just moved to Sheffield and really want to meet some new people and learn how to knit. I knitted a very few time when I was a child but not at all since then. I wondered if I would be ok for me to come along to your group on a Tuesday evening? When is the next group? I'm happy to buy my own knitting equipment but could you guide me on what to buy?

Thank you

Claire

Hi Claire

Welcome to Shefffield! I myself moved here nearly two years ago, so I know what is like.

Our next meeting is next Tuesday.This week we meet on Wednesady afternoon in Vanilla coffee shop, but that is mainly us "oldies" who have retired!

We are a friendly lot and always welcome new people. This time of year we are usually only a small group, with so many people on holiday.

If you come next Tuesday I will bring some needles and yarn for you.

Might I suggest that you do something simple to start with - many of us knit for charity for the shoe box appeal and we always need scarves and hats.

I have yarn for that and it would also help us. Then you can decide what you want to make and we can help you get what you need.

Most of us crochet as well so you could always learn that too.

Please reply to me directly as my Iphone/Ipad will not access the forum and I have to go to the laptop to reply.

jan_williams3@hotmail.com

Where abouts have you moved to? I live in Jordanthorpe on the edge of Norton.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Jan

Hi There,

I just wondered if you still meet on a Tuesday evening at the Robin Hood pub and if so when is the next meeting?

Thanks, Sam

Hi Sam!

Yes we still meet at the Robinhood alternate Tuesday evenings. Our next meeting there is next Tuesday 4 February at 7.30. We have a reserved area at the back of the pub. You are most welcome to join us.

Regards

Jan

Hi everyone it's knit and natter tomorrow night in the Robin Hood pub on Millhouses Lane we meet from 7.30pm

Hi

I'm interested in coming along to the knit and natter at the Robin Hood pub. Can you tell me when you are next meeting?

Cheers and Happy New Year

Kate

Hi Kate the next knit and natter meeting is Tuesday the 6th of January from 7.30pm onwards we meet at the back of the Robin Hood pub which is on Millhouses lane,sheffield 7 it would be lovely to see you

Hi everyone I hope you are all ok it's knit and natter on Tuesday the 20th of January from 7.30pm in the Robin Hood pub on Millhouses lane sheffield 7