Millhouses knit and natter group

Yes , tomorrow 7.30 pm onwards ,Robin Hood.

and i just remembered i was talking to someone about this last time:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/science_blog/091110.html

its called Darwin's Leftovers and is examples of crochet and knitting.

oooh thats pretty interesting although i didnt receive any iguana shaped presents under my tree :hihi:

It's been snowing, so unfortunately, I shan't be making it to this one, tonight, fellow knitties. I can see it's not too bad at the moment, but I'm mithered that if it gets worse I could be stranded.

The weather forecast threatensit's in to stay, again, and it's going to be pretty bad, for the next few days, so I don't want to take any chances.

sorry :( hopefully, God-willing, I shall be there in a fortnight's time.

I was so looking forward to hearing about the fun at the pancake pop-in too :( :(

i know this is technically for the knitting group but i also know you are a multi talented bunch so thought someone might be able to help me. I need some assistance learning how to sew with elasticated thread - i'm trying to make a dress and things and no matter what i do its just not working!

any help much appreciated.

Hi Decdore Sorry have not sewn with elasticated thread. What are you making? Sweep x

Sorry Decdore just re read your post and you said you are making a dress! x

yeah a dress and some matching bloomers for my neice - i've managed to make the trial pair work but i think because the fabric i am using now is a heavier weight its just not gathering like it should :( in tha tits not gathering at all...

are you stretching the elastic as you sew it on??? xx

it's the thread itself that is elastic? I'm not sewing a band of elastic on - so no i'm not stretching it but the machine is presumably doing something of that sort?

hi hope you are all ok just to let everyone know that its knit and knatter tomorrow from 7.30pm in the robin hood