Millhouses knit and natter group

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know there is a new knitting group starting next Tuesday 28th October. It will be held at the Robin Hood pub at Millhouses (Abbeydale Road). It has been organised (by my friend Viv) in conjunction with Millhouses Methodist church and the Robin Hood. Everyone welcome, and if anyone is wanting to learn to knit I am sure there will be plenty of help available. There will also be the opportunity to get patterns for charity knits ( eg.teddies for tragedies, hen cosies etc) and possibly wool for these projects.The plan is for the group to run at fortnightly intervals. The group will start at 7.30 pm (ish).

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know there is a new knitting group starting next Tuesday 28th October. It will be held at the Robin Hood pub at Millhouses (Abbeydale Road). It has been organised (by my friend Viv) in conjunction with Millhouses Methodist church and the Robin Hood. Everyone welcome, and if anyone is wanting to learn to knit I am sure there will be plenty of help available. There will also be the opportunity to get patterns for charity knits ( eg.teddies for tragedies, hen cosies etc) and possibly wool for these projects.The plan is for the group to run at fortnightly intervals. The group will start at 7.30 pm (ish).

Thanks for the info - I will put a link into the useful links section in the Stickies later on when my son is not badgering me to get off the computer :lol: Good luck with the group :thumbsup:

Thanks gingers had a lovely time at The Robin Hood Knit and Natter last Tuesday, see you again on 11 Nov. Found a super pattern for a knitted Christmas Tree for the tree Festival at the church opposite hope they like it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Don't forget we're meeting again this Tuesday ( 11th Nov).

If anyone else wants to join us , you'll be very welcome.

Spare wool , needles , patterns for beginers / anyone who wants it.

7.30 pm Robin Hood.

hi ladys..

well i feel very embarassed but i wanna learn to knit ,as an aspring fashion desginer i wanna work with every fabric and for that reason i wana work with wool.. I really want to learn to knit... can i comeover for the knitting club too.. if the answer is yes can u guys tell me where is the place?? and what all should i bring

...well i feel very embarassed ...

Why do you feel embarrassed? :confused:

Hi Neome, you'll be very welcome to join us on Tuesday. No need to bring anything as we have spare needles , yarn and patterns to get you started.

We can be found in the Robin Hood pub which is on Abbeydale Road at Millhouses , it stands back from the road and is next to the methodist church.Someone will be there from 7.30 pm and I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice.Look forward to seeing you and anyone else who fancies joining us.

If you're travelling by bus I think it's no.97 , best to check though. If you're not familiar with Sheffield it is a very well known area so the bus driver will be able to tell you where to get off.

because i suspect that i will be the only man there.. and i hate to come across as gay cause i am not..

You may not be the only man , not certain though. However, we will be glad to see you (whatever your persuasion !)

Russell Crowe knits , or so I'm told.

because i suspect that i will be the only man there.. and i hate to come across as gay cause i am not..

Stereotypes are alive and well and thriving in Sheffield :hihi: .

Plenty of men knit. Some are straight and some are gay. I'm sure the folk of the knit and natter group will make you very welcome, whatever your sexual orientation :) .

Neome: We recently had Redrocker I think it was admitting that he knits before gigs - hes not gay either :lol: Welcome to the group BTW and feel free to ask anything - we don't bite (well most of us anyway) :thumbsup:

Hi Neome

Look forward to meeting you on Tues at Robin Hood. Can't chat now too busy knitting a Christmas tree!!