Help needed with trip to Ireland!

Nothing wrong with spuds and turf Jongo. We're warm and well fed. :D

are you from is it called county leitrem ?

no, not plastic

and

no, not paddy

:hihi:

I used to live in County Cork

Oh you lucky man!

Wife and I went on a coach trip couple of years ago from here in North Wales to Killarney for 4 nights. Loved the place. Had a couple of trips round the peninsulas, Dingle and the one I've forgotten. We are 55+ and had a great time. There were loads of younger people as well - seems to be plenty to do for everyone round there. On the ride back we stopped off in Dublin for lunch. That looked a great city.

I think we will probably be going to Dublin. Unless anyone else can suggest somewhere? Have never been and just looking for different opinions! I want to go to a 'lively' place really. Think we are travelling the week before easter.

Hi Laura and Jill

Just had a thought, you could do a lot worse than a visit to Killiniskully and if you did go then you could stay at Jacksies Bar

I wonder if Berlin would be able to help with finding the number

:thumbsup::hihi:

Hi Laura and Jill

Just had a thought, you could do a lot worse than a visit to Killiniskully and if you did go then you could stay at Jacksies Bar

I wonder if Berlin would be able to help with finding the number

:thumbsup::hihi:

Jongo, you are a very bad man. :D

I think we will probably be going to Dublin. Unless anyone else can suggest somewhere? Have never been and just looking for different opinions! I want to go to a 'lively' place really. Think we are travelling the week before easter.

Sounds like you'll be heading to Temple Bar for your craic!

http://www.goireland.com/accommodation/ireland-accommodation.htm

Laura & Jill

Are you after the *traditional* Irish nights out or are you after an Irish night out?

How long will you be going for?

If you are going for more than a weekend, then you would be better splitting your trip over two or three places, staying a night or two at each.

It all depends really on what exactly it is that you prefer on your night out.

ps. sorry Berlin :hihi:

Should you be wanting to stay in Dublin and just have a place to sleep and shower, rather than paying out for a hotel that's got loads of facilities that you wont use, I would try this place.

http://www.hosteldublin.com/hosteldetails.php/HostelNumber.101 Plus it's only 10 to fifteen minute walk (and an hour back) to Temple Bar;)