Fishing Question

Hi I am taking a group of young people fishing next Thursday, they have asked to go to Bradleys??, but i cannot seem to find it anywhere or contact details, so i can book some pegs.

If any-one has heard of this place and has contact details please help :help:

Thankyou in advance

Hi I am taking a group of young people fishing next Thursday, they have asked to go to Bradleys??, but i cannot seem to find it anywhere or contact details, so i can book some pegs.

Thankyou in advance

sorry loue but never heard of it,are you sure they didnt mean barlow ponds ?

Bradleys ponds are at Ford Bottom near gleadless the ponds themselves are set on a farm called bradleys

They are situated on Geer Lane

sorry i dont have a post code

Go through gleadless town end ( red lion pub ) and follow the tram tracks past sommerfield you will come to a pub called the old harrow on your left go straight on you will then come to another pub called the pheonix on your right kepp going till you come to your next main right turning follow this road all the way to the bottom and you will see another pub called the bridge inn its should be on your right and the pub itsself is right on a bend

follow the road just before the road starts to climb up the hill there is a right turn this is geer lane follow the lane to its very end you will come to bradleys farm

there is parking at the top of the hill and at the bottom near the ponds but if its a wet day it can become very boggy down at the bottom

The kids should have a good day as its a good bagging up pond

Tel number 01246435563

There are 4 day ticket ponds at bradleys and 1 you can book for £20 a day but you get sole use of the pond and there are some nice big carp in that one

The kids will love it as the fish will eat almost anything up there, especially bread off the top and they fight like crazy

Tight lines

Bradleys is just outside Marsh Lane, off Geer Lane, between Coal Aston and Eckington. Eckington Road through Coal Aston - all the way on Snowden Lane to the T junction. Turn left, turn left at a pub on the left hand side in Marsh Lane and follow the road into the dip. Geer Lane is off there on the left. The fishery is at the very end of Geer Lane.

Sorry don't have contact details.

Hi

Thankyou for all your help, i have called them and booked my 12 pegs, hope it does not rain! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Louise

Thankyou in advance

I'm not an expert on fishing, however I believe the 1st rule of thumb is to make sure there are fish in the water you plan to fish in.

Are you sure there are fish at Bradleys? if not, it could be a fruitless event

make sure they all have a fishing licience

niko, is it down the lane by a bungalow ? i heard there was a pond there but have never visited it as yet ,sounds worth a try..

Hi, thanks for your comments, spoke to the onwner of Bradleys, and the young people will be after roach as the carp aren't catching????

on the second point, we have a group licence from the environment agency, which was free (brilliant) as we are a charitable organisation. I have have no clue where it is, but the mini bus company I have booked with seem to know, so hopefully we will get there. Might even try a bit of fishing myself.

I'm not an expert on fishing, however I believe the 1st rule of thumb is to make sure there are fish in the water you plan to fish in.

Are you sure there are fish at Bradleys? if not, it could be a fruitless event

I doubt anyone would be so heartless as to recommend a crap fishery to a bunch of little 'uns! :)

Bradleys is packed to the edges with silver fish, and plenty of smaller carp. If you can't catch at Bradleys, you should chuck yourself in!!