Happy Birthday SFBC!!

After some ponderin' about when this forum started I suggested to James and Nisha that I'd try and locate and read the first fledgling posts that set the Sheffield Forum Badminton Club on its merry way.

As part of my 'research', which by the way the powers that be are refusing to pay me for, I have discovered that whilst the odd meeting of a couple of people did stem from the first month of postings on the first Sheffield Badminton Club thread, it was Tuesday, 24th October 2006 that the first group badminton night took place (at least this was the first time 4 or more met up to play and the first time on a Tuesday)!

Therefore, I, your spiritual leader, proclaim the 24th October as SFBC's official birthday and we will be 2 years old this coming Friday.

I will keep reading the thread the next time I get bored and I should have the first draft of the Official SFBC Biography off to HarperCollins within the year.

Interesting Fact #1: The 24/10/2006 meet-up took place at Hillsborough

Interesting Fact #2: The first few nights were planned for Thusday but other commitments and finally a tournament at Hillsborough Leisure Centre meant the day was shifted to Tuesday.

To Marcus...'Thanks'

Nice work Andrew!

After a quick scan through the original 84-page thread (yes I'm having a slow day at work), I've found the dates that our beloved leaders made their badminton debuts:

Paul - 10th April 2007

Jaap - 15th May 2007

Nisha - 11th September 2007

Andrew (spiritual leader) -15th January 2008

So there you go.

James

PS My debut was on the 31st July 2007 if anyone is interested (which I'm sure you are not).

wow, more then a year and am still crap :P.... hopeless

Good work guys!

Ah so I was 11th September too, a cold tuesday night in hillsbrough as I recall. Yikes over a year, but then ballet takes a lifetime to perfect.

O' great spiritual leader, is your house party on friday an offiical birthday too? (as well as the gibraltar fella's leaving do)

Should I bring any exotic liquors?

Yes to all your questions, my pure, honest children.

Ive heard through the grapevine that SFBC will be having a birthday party - is it true?! And if so, am i invited?!!!!

Pfft, you missed the party and the birthday. It was brilliant. I bet you're gutted. Better luck next year.