Consuming your own drinks in a cafe? Thoughts?

I agree with the op to be honest. What harm does it do if they can't afford a drink inside. The woman had the complete wrong attitude.

like sitting in a macdonalds eating a kebab .

You went in; you ordered food. You had no right to drink what you'd bought earlier.

Simple!

Does that mean if I have a drink earlier and walk into a shop and then go for a pee, that I have no right to pee out a drink that was not consumed on the premises?

Wow its cool that Lynn has a travelling time tardis shop tho I'm not sure in that case where her legal juristiction lies - if she was moved her shop to the library after you she has no right to ask for the extra 50p since she is not on native home territory ...

I agree with the op to be honest. What harm does it do if they can't afford a drink inside. The woman had the complete wrong attitude.

It was harsh, though it would be polite in an eatery to ask. Maybe in a cheeky way like saying you're a bit short and you'll spend the money but either on a drink or an extra topping, but you can't afford both. Would they mind if you buy the extra topping and discreetly drink the ones brought in.

Should this ever happen again, tell the Bitch that you are diabetic and if you don't drink the right amount of isotonic buffered saline, when you eat , (which happens to be available in your drink), you will fall into a coma and possibly die. Ask her if she can guarantee that her drinks don't contain any dis-isotonic unbufferes isotopes, which is also likely to trigger your dichotic allergic reaction.

yet the person leaving without paying their bill is what?

A thief?

Amazed no one else mentioned it.

Bare in mind you only have the thiefs' word for how the shop assistant treat the 'stupid' customer who thought it was ok to drink something purchased elsewhere inside a cafe.

They then chose to apologise by running off without paying.

How brave.

yet the person leaving without paying their bill is what?

A thief?

Amazed no one else mentioned it.

Bare in mind you only have the thiefs' word for how the shop assistant treat the 'stupid' customer who thought it was ok to drink something purchased elsewhere inside a cafe.

They then chose to apologise by running off without paying.

How brave.

Well you are leader of a knitting group, so I'm sure your life is full of bravery and adventure.

Does that mean if I have a drink earlier and walk into a shop and then go for a pee, that I have no right to pee out a drink that was not consumed on the premises?

Wow its cool that Lynn has a travelling time tardis shop tho I'm not sure in that case where her legal juristiction lies - if she was moved her shop to the library after you she has no right to ask for the extra 50p since she is not on native home territory ...

Not quite sure where you're coming from.

The OP indicated that she took in a drnk that she'd previously bought. That's not so hard to understand, is it? It's like trying to take a pint that you've bought at another pub into a new club or pub. They'd say no, yes?

lol.

I wonder if Pedantry & memory loss are both symptoms of the same disease?

She's nasty every time we went in there, if you don't believe me then go in the Lynns near the central library then go downstairs and wait for her to come to your table. Just don't whip a Yazoo out or you might not leave there alive.

I wonder if putting words into everyone's mouths, including those who suggested that the OP was in fact wrong to expect to consume drinks purchased from elsewhere, is a symptom of a whole new disease?