Consuming your own drinks in a cafe? Thoughts?

I wonder if putting words into everyone's mouths, including those who suggested that the OP was in fact wrong to expect to consume drinks purchased from elsewhere, is a symptom of a whole new disease?

No Idea, but to go back to your previous post, where by you jumped on me because I happened to have put ' Your All' rather than perhaps ' some of you' - I was typing my reply as such because the one word that kept popping up was 'Bitch'.

At first glance I thought this was aimed at the thief, but on further reading it isn't it's aimed at the person trying to get what is rightfully theirs.

I hope this clarifies the context in which I reply :)

She's nasty every time we went in there, if you don't believe me then go in the Lynns near the central library then go downstairs and wait for her to come to your table. Just don't whip a Yazoo out or you might not leave there alive.

So you had been before, so you already knew the prices and the fact it was a cafe, not a park bench?

I paid an extra 2.50 or so for a nice environment and good service but I got someones saliva on my face, the 50p bitch tax was fair imo.

So you had been before, so you already knew the prices and the fact it was a cafe, not a park bench?

Please go and knit yourself a clue, and stop being so uppity.

David-

I think the assorted replies have affirmed that whilst her manner may have been aggressive or over the top, she was correct in the basis that they provide tables and chairs for people to eat and drink food served on the premises.

If you had asked about the drink first, either you could have been given the okay, or refused. Giving you the choice of whether to stay on those terms or leave before ordering your lunch.

She may well have found your not asking, rude and an affront, in the same way that you object to her manner.

Thats hilarious, not being a thief makes someone 'uppity'

I must make a note of that for my next Candlit Soiree :lol:

What sort of cow is a snooty cow?

I've heard of Freeshan and Jersey cows :huh: and what was a cow doing in a food outlet? thought animals were not allowed in places where food is being prepared

Oh my God! Is this a joke?? Someone cheekily breaks a cafe's policy by drinking their own drinks there, then deducts 50p from the bill (that's true rock n roll - 50p - my word!! Too scared to run off without paying anything, but still wanted to offend in some way??)..... then he posts details of the same rather silly and EMBARRASSING incident on the SF... for people to immediately bombarded the owner of Lynne's (who was acting well within her rights) with abuse..... whilst those that point out the folly of the OP are accused of being uppity!! Ohhh it all makes me sooooo proud of Sheffield.

Oh my God! Is this a joke?? Someone cheekily breaks a cafe's policy by drinking their own drinks there, then deducts 50p from the bill (that's true rock n roll - 50p - my word!! Too scared to run off without paying anything, but still wanted to offend in some way??)..... then he posts details of the same rather silly and EMBARRASSING incident on the SF... for people to immediately bombarded the owner of Lynne's (who was acting well within her rights) with abuse..... whilst those that point out the folly of the OP are accused of being uppity!! Ohhh it all makes me sooooo proud of Sheffield.

It's extraordinary isn't it?

I can't decide what's more ridiculous - the fact that the OP behaved the way they did and posts about it on the forum or that there are people here stupid enough to leap to their defence.

It's crass and rude to drink something bought elsewhere in a cafe and witholding part of the bill because the member of staff rightly asked them not to consume their own drinks is childish, cowardly and pathetic.

She's nasty every time we went in there, if you don't believe me then go in the Lynns near the central library then go downstairs and wait for her to come to your table. Just don't whip a Yazoo out or you might not leave there alive.

If you pull stunts like that I'm not surprised she's unpleasant - if she sees you again after this episode don't be surprised if she tells you to get lost and not come back. I would if it were my place.

It's extraordinary isn't it?

I can't decide what's more ridiculous - the fact that the OP behaved the way they did and posts about it on the forum or that there are people here stupid enough to leap to their defence.

It's crass and rude to drink something bought elsewhere in a cafe and witholding part of the bill because the member of staff rightly asked them not to consume their own drinks is childish, cowardly and pathetic.

Agreed...spot on.

Hence my earlier response, #4.