Consuming your own drinks in a cafe? Thoughts?

Ok, so I was with my friend and we decide to go in Lynns Pantry. The prices are crazy imo, but we decide to eat there anyway cause we're stupid.

So we order baked potato and some other stuff which I can't remember, because all I can remember is the rotund woman with the annoyingly sharp voice who took orders and rolled eyes when I asked if salad etc costed extra (only had a few quid on me).

So anyway, cause we couldnt afford drinks we decided to whip the milkshakes out we bought earlier on in somerfields. We drinks and eats up, then as we are getting ready to pay, she comes over and gives us a speech about how drinking our own drinks is not "part of the package". It was really humiliating to be screeched at in the middle of the place by this so called woman, I mean a simple "could you please not bring your own drinks in here" would have sufficed? But she went absolutely mental.

Tbh it felt like being back at school or something, so anyway since she took me back to my school days, I decided to act like a kid for the sake of it and I left my empty milkshakes there as a present, but I also decided to take 50p off the bill for "tax".

Well, we quickly got out of there but just as we thought we were home free at the library, we hear a "EXCUSE ME!" from behind and there she is, it's probably the most excercise shes had in her whole life and she chased us all that way for 50p. I tryed to tell her that she is surely mistaken and we did leave correct money but my friend is too nice and she gave the 50p straight up.

Never going back there! Fiver for a tiny jacket with tuna and a bit of lettuce!

where is lynns pantry?up dore?!!!sounds like it with the prices!!5 quid sounds like a crazy price for a tater!!!lol!! no wonder you decided to take 50p off the bill!!

where is lynns pantry?up dore?!!!sounds like it with the prices!!5 quid sounds like a crazy price for a tater!!!lol!! no wonder you decided to take 50p off the bill!!

I wonder if its that place opposite the Town Hall ?

... cause we're stupid.

I think that phrase sums it all up.

i thinks its opposite the hallamshire hospital

There's one opposite the town hall as well

noidea where it is. maybe thats why its so expensive, cos no one knows where it is?

That's how she caught up with you..

She didn't chase you, obviously the whole shop moves location like some kind of peculiar food-preparing TARDIS

There are 2 Lynne's Pantries. One is in Surrey Street, opposite the side of the town hall, and one opposite the RHH. I don't know any cafes or restaurants that allow people to eat or drink stuff they buy elsewhere. If you order the food, you pay the prices. If its too dear, you go elsewhere. Pretty simple really.

Ok, so I was with my friend and we decide to go in Lynns Pantry. The prices are crazy imo, but we decide to eat there anyway cause we're stupid.

So we order baked potato and some other stuff which I can't remember, because all I can remember is the rotund woman with the annoyingly sharp voice who took orders and rolled eyes when I asked if salad etc costed extra (only had a few quid on me).

So anyway, cause we couldnt afford drinks we decided to whip the milkshakes out we bought earlier on in somerfields. We drinks and eats up, then as we are getting ready to pay, she comes over and gives us a speech about how drinking our own drinks is not "part of the package". It was really humiliating to be screeched at in the middle of the place by this so called woman, I mean a simple "could you please not bring your own drinks in here" would have sufficed? But she went absolutely mental.

Tbh it felt like being back at school or something, so anyway since she took me back to my school days, I decided to act like a kid for the sake of it and I left my empty milkshakes there as a present, but I also decided to take 50p off the bill for "tax".

Well, we quickly got out of there but just as we thought we were home free at the library, we hear a "EXCUSE ME!" from behind and there she is, it's probably the most excercise shes had in her whole life and she chased us all that way for 50p. I tryed to tell her that she is surely mistaken and we did leave correct money but my friend is too nice and she gave the 50p straight up.

Never going back there! Fiver for a tiny jacket with tuna and a bit of lettuce!

I'd be glad you wern't coming back, the prices are clear, the bring your own drinks policy is obvious, if it was too expensive you should have gone elsewhere.

sounds awful. I'd torch the place especially as she reclaimed the tax!

You went in; you ordered food. You had no right to drink what you'd bought earlier.

Simple!