If you were to lose your job - would you re-train and if so, what in?

i would love to train to be a nurse if i was younger but if i became unemployed i would try to look for the same job what about you mr busdriver what would you do if you became unemployed?

By and large I am in a recession proof industry, education (provided I'm teaching in the subject area that is being funded)

However I have fancied doing HGV, seeing a bit of the country and doing something different. I'm not saying lorry driving is easy, however its something I wouldn't mind doing, if I was ever to be out of work I would do HGV

god knows cos my change of paths always been accidental really.

started off on training courses doing painting and decorating

was told by the dole i didnt have any qualifications in decorating and so wouldnt get a job in it so should look elsewhere.

so i started doing various computer courses (which gave me qualifications like NVQ 2, IBT 3, cisco pc essentials)

then i got a part time job as a caretaker.

now i work in a manufacturing environment (production line stuff)

so i havent got enough qualifications / experience in 1 thing as it is really, just sort of fell into the jobs accidently, so never really know which types of job to apply for anyway (also came quite close (2nd in the interviews i think) to getting a job as a science technician in a school so must be something i could possibly get a chance again with now, specially with the lab work / analysing/handling acids and chemicals i do now)

so many variables. I would take a job in anything to make ends meet. I have worked as a doorman, in the sewers, on building sites, in shops, in offices etc etc so I would do what it takes to earn a living.

I would go to the hospital and have my train taken out then apply to be a bus driver

I would go to the hospital and have my train taken out then apply to be a bus driver

you have thomas the tank engine "inserted" someplace???

why not become a party piece person instead?

If you were to lose your job, would you try to find a job in the role that you lost, or would you retrain? if you were to retrain, what would you do to upskill yourself, in order to gain employment in the future?

It probably wouldn't need very much upskilling to get a job full time with a trade union, which would also earn more than I do now, but I prefer being a lay rep - that's what I'd do though if I did lose my job.

I did lose my job coming up to 3 years ago. I had another one in the same trade in less than a week, with better pay and conditions than the old one. I enjoy my work.

I did lose my job coming up to 3 years ago. I had another one in the same trade in less than a week, with better pay and conditions than the old one. I enjoy my work.

With a recession coming up this may not be most people's experience during the next year or so.

Me - I've got no idea. I'd look for a job in the same area but that's because I've got no imagination.

I'd want to be a bus driver.... although I might have to work on the grumpiness.

I'd retrain as an architect. Wish I'd done that straight after school now. The benefit of hindsight, eh?!

I could also re-train to become a driving instructor

1) I could annoy other road users by gving lessions in rush hour

2) I'm also a dab hand at letting rip, I'll be able to let of a few smelly belters, as the learner is attempting their 1st hill start. :D/

Where do you train, and do driving schools advise what to eat to create the worst rippers?