If you were to lose your job - would you re-train and if so, what in?

If you were to lose your job, would you try to find a job in the role that you lost, or would you retrain? if you were to retrain, what would you do to upskill yourself, in order to gain employment in the future?

If I was in that situation, I'd retrain in something I enjoyed and something that I could give back to the community, after taking so much from them over the years.

But what though? :huh:

I am trying to decide what I would like to do at the moment...... but then I have been trying to decide for the last 13 years !

This is the ultimate question, I know of people who have decided to try their hand at a new career, only to descover that after qualification, there are no jobs.

So what would you do? learn a trade, or get a degree, after all, should you lose your job and then try to retrain the last thing you want is to end up in debt, with a qualification thats worth nothing and find yourself no more employable than you are now

If I found that I was perceived as difficult to work with, with a bad-tempered nature and a grudge against society I think I'd retrain to become a bus driver.

I think I`d follow in my wifes footsteps and train as a support worker. she re-trained 2 years ago and hasn`t looked back. She`s now thinking of training to be a nurse.

i would love to train to be a nurse if i was younger but if i became unemployed i would try to look for the same job what about you mr busdriver what would you do if you became unemployed?

greeter at asda they,ll be the only jobs left once the recession kicks in

There used to be a bloke on Brighton Pier who claimed that he could tell womens' fortunes by feeling their breasts. That's not a bad gig. :thumbsup:

i would love to train to be a nurse if i was younger but if i became unemployed i would try to look for the same job what about you mr busdriver what would you do if you became unemployed?
My wife`s 46 so even if she`s 50 when she becomes qualified that`s another 15 years left

There used to be a bloke on Brighton Pier who claimed that he could tell womens' fortunes by feeling their breasts. That's not a bad gig. :thumbsup:

where do i sign to train up

I'd go and play for the opposition