Are some people unemployable through no fault of their own.

This just shows how clueless you are! :rant::loopy:

It's not the AS in this case that would stop me from being a window cleaner, it's the logistics of someone who is classed as severely disabled, ie me, climbing up and down Ladders for a living.

It would be unsafe never mind anything else.

What is this serious disability that is not aspergers that stops you doing paid work but allows you to do volunteer work, play computer games, browse the internet, go out playing pool in pubs, do karate etc. etc.

What logistical problems would you face, I mean, you live on your own so you're not helpless ?

I'm not having a go as such, it's just that I've worked with lots of disabled people who seem to manage with much more than you have to cope with.

You honestly sound like you don't want to work.

Harsh, but that's the impression you give out, and if you do that at an interview then no wonder you don't get anything.

I seem to remember a certain poster mentioning a job he had applied for, went for the interview, never got the job, but admitted going for the job in a tracksuit, or some other unsuitable apparel.

It never stopped Jimmy Saville!

It's not the AS in this case that would stop me from being a window cleaner, it's the logistics of someone who is classed as severely disabled, ie me, climbing up and down Ladders for a living.

A lot of window cleaners use pressurised water systems in extendible poles now, so you wouldn't have to climb ladders.

Could be just the job - nice fresh air too.

If you can play pool and go to karate, you can hold a window pole.

No climbing ladders with the man who offered you the job, his work is done by water fed poles.

Here's his details, could be worth trying again to see if he needs anyone to help him; http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3708835&postcount=58

Originally Posted by Rich

This just shows how clueless you are!

No climbing ladders with the man who offered you the job, his work is done by water fed poles.

Here's his details, could be worth trying again to see if he needs anyone to help him; http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3708835&postcount=58

Good news Rich - the job doesn't include ladder work, just holding poles with brushes on the end and a pipe feeding them with water.

You never have to leave the ground, and there's not much weight in the equipment. Must be worth giving it a go!

MOD: Please all read this, including Rich.

This is an interesting thread which is being spoiled by people constantly having a go at Rich who, because of major disabilities, has problems getting paid employment. This type of behaviour may have been ignored when you were all school children but it is not acceptable in an adult world.

Many of you who are involved in this have been warned in the past about goading and teasing and it doesn't reflect very well on you when you appear to deliberately track Rich down to resume your cowardly attacks.

This is the only warning, stop it now.

Rich, my advice is please do not respond to any further posts on here.

When we were school children? :huh::P

Thanks for the reminder max :thumbsup:

Now I love a good wind up more than anyone, however I cannot stand the victimisation of one person by a group of other people.

Leave Rich alone.

U]

Rich, my advice is please do not respond to any further posts on here.

Rich, take the advice from the mod, don't respond.

there's a big, big difference between honest working folk who are going through a period of tough luck after years of contributing to society, and the scumbags who deliberately choose a life of petty crime and benefits rather than ever doing an honest day's work in their lives.

agree with you bogey. thing is, no-one cares enough about them to teach them any alternatives. so they stay in that parasitic lifestyle (the chronic doleys, not the temps) and continue to elicit our contempt.

agree with you bogey. thing is, no-one cares enough about them to teach them any alternatives. so they stay in that parasitic lifestyle (the chronic doleys, not the temps) and continue to elicit our contempt.

What is needed is proper investment in rehabilitative programs for non-violent offences that have a much higher track record than simply seeing ever increasing tougher sentencing making our prisons overcrowded and turning them in to acadamies for crime.

Getting young people who aren't engaged in education into work is difficult. So many basic level jobs want qualifications, they'll be excluded from the start. I've just been hearing about a scheme in Rotherham for youngsters like these. http://www.2010rotherham.org/2010rotherham/Your-Neighbourhood/BETS.aspx

Many of the kids who go on schemes like these don't come from families where work or education is the norm, so they are starting off at a disadvantage. Wouldn't it be good if more organisations, like local authorities, started putting some effort (and money) into similar projects.