Are some people unemployable through no fault of their own.

I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Call Centre work doesn't have to be phone based - many companies also employ staff to respond to customer emails or do admin work - if you can spend all day posting on an internet forum you can certainly do that. How about someone like Capita - I know they've a bad reputation but you've got to start somewhere!

Look mate, you're new here, you don't know me or my disabilities, I have explained at length that I cannot just apply for any job and get it, it has to be one that is right for me, where I get enough support from Management and other sources to function normally in the workplace.

See? I answered all that without ranting! Cos I'm in a good mood today despite being tired.

And the window cleaning job ?

And the sports car garage job handling mail and internet queries a couple of days a week?

And the sports car garage job handling mail and internet queries a couple of days a week?

I went to see about that, the guy said he's not actually recruiting till December.

I made the effort, not my fault it was advertised 3 months too early.

I went to see about that, the guy said he's not actually recruiting till December.

I made the effort, not my fault it was advertised 3 months too early.

I heard somebody's got the job now.

Unemployed people have mobile phones, TVs, cars, computers, and smoke, drink and go on holiday at taxpayers' expense - that is dreadfully wrong, and should be stopped.

Their benefits should be replaced, totally, by vouchers for food and essentials, and weekly top-ups on their gas and electricity meter cards and their rent and council tax paid at source by the welfare services.

That way, with no spending money to fritter on luxuries, they would soon be wanting work - even if it was cleaning toilets.

It is SOME UNEMPLOYED people.

But everything else you posted i totally agree with. :clap::clap::clap:

And the window cleaning job ?

Don't be more stupid than you can help

StarSparkle

Originally Posted by Isambard

Unemployed people have mobile phones, TVs, cars, computers, and smoke, drink and go on holiday at taxpayers' expense - that is dreadfully wrong, and should be stopped.

Their benefits should be replaced, totally, by vouchers for food and essentials, and weekly top-ups on their gas and electricity meter cards and their rent and council tax paid at source by the welfare services.

That way, with no spending money to fritter on luxuries, they would soon be wanting work - even if it was cleaning toilets.

It is SOME UNEMPLOYED people.

But everything else you posted i totally agree with. :clap::clap::clap:

True, but there's a big, big difference between honest working folk who are going through a period of tough luck after years of contributing to society, and the scumbags who deliberately choose a life of petty crime and benefits rather than ever doing an honest day's work in their lives.

What's sad is that they are the ones who get a better standard of living from benefits than the man who's paid his taxes and is down on his luck.

I think the situation is more complex than 'people are too greedy and lazy to take the jobs on offer'

Hmmm. I didn't say that. Or imply it. :suspect:

I know it's very complex now. It's been made that way over time.

I can't recall where I read it, but remember reading about someone losing his job for a while in the steelworks in the 40's (IIRC) and refused any handouts on principle.

What seems to have started as a safety net - a good thing, appears to have over maybe 40/50 years actually helped create a subculture of people who just have no self respect.

Don't be more stupid than you can help

StarSparkle

Please explain, without resorting to insults (if you can) how aspergers prevents you from cleaning windows.

I seem to remember a certain poster mentioning a job he had applied for, went for the interview, never got the job, but admitted going for the job in a tracksuit, or some other unsuitable apparel.

Please explain, without resorting to insults (if you can) how aspergers prevents you from cleaning windows.

This just shows how clueless you are! :rant::loopy:

It's not the AS in this case that would stop me from being a window cleaner, it's the logistics of someone who is classed as severely disabled, ie me, climbing up and down Ladders for a living.

It would be unsafe never mind anything else.