Birthday party ideas for five year old boy!!

:huh: My sons birthday is just before Christmas and I am stuck for ideas as to what to do for his party. We have done a farm party, a playcentre party, a craft party and a church hall party and am trying to think of something different to do. Anyone got any suggestions please?! :huh:

Dont know if you might feel he is too young but 2 good parties my son had were...

A climbing party at "The Edge" which is near CCC Camping down near the United ground.

A sledging party at Xcape (on M62) in the indoor snow dome (real snow !!!)

both were good fun, had food included (or there are lots of eateries at Xcape) and were pretty reasonable.

On sunday my son had his 7th birthdayparty at skate central(old silver blades, now a roller skating rink) they had a brilliant time, not bad price either.

How about invite a few of his friends round to your house. Get them to bring a present each for him. Play pass the parcel and a couple of other games then let them eat some sarnies and crisps.

then buy or make a cake for him with 5 candles for him to blow out after they've all sung "happy Birthday to You"

A sort of birthday party if you will.

May get a better response in the parenting section. I'll have the thread moved there.

A movie party at home, his favourite friends, his favourite movie, popcorn, hotdogs, burgers, crisps, fizzy drinks, cushions galore all round the lounge, some movie and party themed decorations. Maybe even all dressed up as the characters.

Then after a quick fire question quiz about his movie to win prizes (first to answer correctly wins a packet of Spiderman sweets/HSM key ring whatever), best costume wins a prize, pass the parcel with themed prizes and finally a themed cake and party bag.

Not too much mess, not too much cost and it's about as personalised as it could be!

Alternately, you could do all the above at the cinema.

My little boy is having a party at hillsborough leisure centre.

They have a game of football, followed by a party tea.

How about invite a few of his friends round to your house. Get them to bring a present each for him. Play pass the parcel and a couple of other games then let them eat some sarnies and crisps.

then buy or make a cake for him with 5 candles for him to blow out after they've all sung "happy Birthday to You"

A sort of birthday party if you will.

We had a "traditional" party at home for my little boy last year. The children really enjoyed it, as did I. All the other Mums thought I was mad though!

Thanks for all your ideas - and sarcasm!! We're quite liking the movie idea at the moment! Could have a few games and things lined up in case they won't sit through it all!!!

Oooh, actually looking forward to it now!!! :)

There's the Santa Express from Butterly. I've taken my children there. The children get to see Santa on the train and get a nice little present and there's usually a merry go round and a puppet theatre, all very magical or the Tram museum at Crich was fun too and the children get nice present, tram rides and the adults get a drink and mince pie.

My nephew loves the clown "Barney Baloney" - he is 5 years old too. Barney Baloney does all kinds of magic tricks, balloon tricks, hula-hooping etc and is really good fun if you're thinking of something to keep the kids entertained for a little while!! I think he has his own website - just google him if you're interested.