Should we withdraw from E.U. ?

I have just watched "Tonight" on I.T.V. itv.com/tonight

54% of the people taking part in the vote wanted to withdraw from the E.U.

Will never happen,but yes and fast.

Yes, we should - but it ain't going to happen :(

StarSparkle

I am disappointed it was only 54%

It will always be the worst decision this country ever made, closely followed by the building of the Chuffing Chunnel.

One day it will all collapse, cracks were clearly showing over the current financial meltdown, individual countries started to look inwards.

Make no mistake, if the chips were really down, each government would put its own country first and sod everyone else.

if it means I would get a heck of a lot more stamps in my passport, I'd say yes.

but I like it the way it is now. suits my needs.

The EU is costing the UK a fortune, however one of the so called benefits of being in the EU was that all countrys would pull together in the event of a crisis.

1) The current financial disaster has seen all countrys looking after their own

2) I don't see any of our EU partners helping the British out in the most dangerous part of Afganistan

3) I sure when there are energy shortages in th futures, we in Britian have not prepared by building large stroage facilitys, can we assume that our EU partners will help us when our lights go out.

4) with the influx of people from Poland, we have seen a growth in "Pole Dancing", not good, perhaps the Poles could take this back to Poland.

Can somebody enlighten me on what would happen to the 50% of our exports (on which about 3 millon jobs depend) that are sold in the EU if we withdrew.

Can somebody enlighten me on what would happen to the 50% of our exports (on which about 3 millon jobs depend) that are sold in the EU if we withdrew.

It wouldn't affect our sales to the EU at all.

Lord Mandelson of Foy and Hartlepool would be happy to lead a vigorous Sales Campaign there on our behalf. :hihi:

We import from non EU countries as I`m sure all other EU countries do. So whether we are in or out if we`ve got something they want they`ll still buy it.

And don`t forget the way France refused to accept our beef long after the end of the BSE embargo, so they didn`t give a fig for a fellow EU member then. Where was the advantage in being in the EU then?

It wouldn't affect our sales to the EU at all.

Of course it would - tarrif barriers would go up overnight.

Of course it would - tarrif barriers would go up overnight.

Well, Lord Mandelson of Foy and Hartlepool would hurdle over those barriers by repeating the success he had in overcoming the barriers to gaining a Peerage. :)

Easy Peasy! ;)

Well, Lord Mandelson of Foy and Hartlepool would hurdle over those barriers by repeating the success he had in overcoming the barriers to gaining a Peerage. :)

Easy Peasy! ;)

Time for the tablets again shoey.