Birthday pressies for a 1 year old boy??

Hi.

It's my little ones 1st birthday in a month and I have no idea what to buy him.

I don't want to give him money because I contribute to his savings every month and I wanted to buy something lovely as we didn't get him anything for his 1st xmas and he was only 4 weeks and we put money in his account.

Does anybody have any ideas what would be a nice gift that will be used alot and he will really love?

Family are buying the usual, clothes, bath toys etc...

HELP!:):help:

I have been looking for something for my daughter who will be ten months at xmas. I like the look of the ball popping toys, they put the balls in and the toy shoots them up in the air !!

For inspiration I also go and look around early learning centre, I love that shop.......

Hi,

Have you seen the motor car thing in argos? I am getting my son that for his first birthday. It is suitable from 1 upwards. Its abit like a little quad thing.

A fisher Price bouncing Zebbra think or the musical chair (have a look) Toys-r-us or Argos and the walker was a good buy.

My daughter was 2 yesterday and has loved these things and still plays with them, tried to attach a link for information.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruorfindusing/bruazofbrands/brubabytoysfisherprice/068608

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruorfindusing/bruazofbrands/brubabytoysfisherprice/068640

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=BOUNCING+ZEBBRA

Personally I'd not go OTT with cost as he's only 1 - let the relatives do that!!!!

Duplo is a good one. it does start at 1.5yrs old but he'll be ready for it soon and you add to it over the next few years and make lots of brilliant things together. My 3 old and I have created many wonderful things with Duplo. Now he's ready for lego so that is Xmas sorted !!

Also some lovely bedtime reading books. Again you get to have lots of cuddles and love and read to them.

i would definitely recommend the bouncing zebra thing my 1 year old has one and she loves it, it was definitely a good buy! plus i think they're on sale now in argos!

The really big Megga bricks are great as they last for years. When he get older he can make bridges for his cars to go under or furniture for his Teddy's. Another idea is buy some really good picture books to read to him. Or maybe a chair for him and table. There are some really nice furniture in Ikea.

We found with our girls and still find at Jellys that anything with wheels which is big enough to push or sit on/in is generally a winnerat that age.

Ride on/pushalong toys are quite fantastic and should last around a year before they seek something more white knuckle to test their daring.

i always say a sit and ride toy for first birthdays, doesn't have to be fancy, you can get cute ones for £10-£15

They is also this like plastic trike thing in Toys R us and I think Argos, where its a trike with a little pull along basket that can also change into a walker thing. It was only £15 I think. We have got that our little boy as 1 of his christmas pressents as christmas and his birthday are so close together.