People whose name suits their job... Like it was meant to be!

Oh my!! I know the Mr Payne (very nice guy intelligent man) and my dad knew the Dr D'AH i cant believe both my choices for my thread were snapped up already lol !!

A colleague once told me of a Saturday Job she had as a youngster.....she worked for a Mr Mycock at an Electrical/Spares shop.

Everytime he answered the phone he bellowed

"'Mycock's Electric "!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

I remember as a mischievious teenager going through the phonebook whilst parents out phoning people with odd names just to take the 'mickey' out of people...How cruel!!

Or calling the zoo and asking for Mr G Raff etc etc

Thank God there was no itemised phone bills in the 1970's LOL!!!!

Originally posted by FetishFairy

I had a home ec teacher called Mrs Cook and a music teacher called Mr Sharp.

Was his initial 'F'? :hihi:

Originally posted by shieshuk

A colleague once told me of a Saturday Job she had as a youngster.....she worked for a Mr Mycock at an Electrical/Spares shop.

Everytime he answered the phone he bellowed

"'Mycock's Electric "!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember as a mischievious teenager going through the phonebook whilst parents out phoning people with odd names just to take the 'mickey' out of people...How cruel!!

Or calling the zoo and asking for Mr G Raff etc etc

Thank God there was no itemised phone bills in the 1970's LOL!!!!

Love it!:D

There's a doctor in one of our hospitals called Dr Otten

Our local gardener is called Mr Gardener. I also saw a while ago some football team (forget who it was now), had a physio called Buster Footbone.

If my brother ever makes his lifetime ambition to be a weatherman (he has a degree in meteorology), you may wake up to a bit of early morning Hayes.

I once had a R.E teacher called Mr.Small. Not very funny you may think, but he was about 20 stone and far from small! Sorry couldn't think of anything else.

A story from the North East (I am originally from Teesside) -

Years ago my boyfriend started doing some Taxi driving for a firm called Boro Taxis...his first day he was told to pick up a Mr Bolckow from outside Blondes and Bicardos (nightclub) after waiting for many minutes and not wanting to leave his booked customer standing he radioed in to report 'No booking for Bolckow' had arrived how long should he wait...??

The Cab firm told him to sit tight not to disappoint a regular customer!! 30 mins or more passed...he radioed again!!

This time to the huge laughter of his new colleagues that Mr Bolckow was indeed stood right beside him here.....

http://daverob.catalyst2.com/MBoro/HBolckow_t.jpg

How embarrassing............................

I went horse-riding when I was younger to a Equestrian Centre Own by a Mr & Mrs Horsman!!

Chatting to my sister about some of the various topics on here at the moment she told me of her neighbour, Tony, who runs his own plumbing business.

Apparently he runs his business under the name Acklam Plumbing and Heating coz his full name is Anthony Crook!!!

A. Crook on the side of a van/yellow pages wouldn't really appeal would it???

;)

like a few others, I also had Dr D'eathe as my dentist.

He never managed to kill me but he did cause me a 7 year wait on having braced fixed because he lost my file twice.

Stuck with em now at 21, grrr

Still couldn't go to the dentists without thinking of the film Marathon Man

Is it safe?

Wilf