Would it be an insult for me to give a muslim a Christmas card?

So long as the card you send has non-religious artwork and wording they're unlikely to object to it unless they've got a chip on their shoulder about such things.

If however you send a card with explicitly religious artwork and wording then that is rather asking for trouble.

i dont know there kind of religions and im a very kind and thoughtful person. my road is mixed muslim, asian and whites and im wanting to give everyone a christmas card but my hubby says its an insult for me to give a muslim a xmas card but i dont know what to do.

if i give them one and they dont accept, it would make me feel bad that i have offended them and if i dont give them one and they wonder why im giving everyone else on the road a card i'd feel bad i didnt offer in the first place.

i just think that if i give them one at least they know im being kind and whatever they do with the card is upto them but i dont wnt to offend anyones religion and dont mean to do this.

what would you do?

I heard they melt upon touching it :|

Joking most'll welcome it, it's a nice jesture and helps the feeling of community :)

Last year my granddaughter told me that she was sending a card to everyone in her class except one little boy.

When I asked why not, she said the teacher had told them that he doesn't celebrate Christmas .

I don't know whether he was a Muslim.

Last year my granddaughter told me that she was sending a card to everyone in her class except one little boy.

When I asked why not, she said the teacher had told them that he doesn't celebrate Christmas .

I don't know whether he was a Muslim.

The child and his family could have been Jehovah Witnesses...

The child and his family could have been Jehovah Witnesses...

Or Jesus Army? ;)

I wouldn't worry about sending a Christian Christmas card to a muslim, he is after all revered as a Prophet.

What I wouldn't do is send a Chistian Christmas card to an atheist. :thumbsup:

i allway,s tell anyone who feels compelled to send me a christmas card to write on it in pencil so i can re use it

What I wouldn't do is send a Chistian Christmas card to an atheist. :thumbsup:

Though if the person sending the card is an atheist, the hypocrisy balances out.

Though if the person sending the card is an atheist, the hypocrisy balances out.

The best Christmas card I have received was a picture of Karl Marx with a Santa hat on, a bit like this

I like this card too.

Maybe for the less political atheist something more like this would be appropriate. :D

The best Christmas card I have received was a picture of Karl Marx with a Santa hat on, a bit like this

I like this card too.

Maybe for the less political atheist something more like this would be appropriate. :D

Excellent examples.

As has been said before Jesus Christ is an important figure in Islam. I was in Delhi a few years ago being shown examples of tapestries created by a Muslim artist. Most of them were of animals and birds. As his eyesight diminished in his later years he embarked on his crowing glory. At the end of the tour we were shown this tapestry.

The curtain was pulled back to reveal a glorious tapestry of Jesus. Our guide said " I bet you didn't expect to see him here"

It says something about our multicultural society when we have to worry about sending a Christmas card to a Muslim for fear of upsetting them.

Have happily been swapping Christmas cards and prezzies with my muslim neighbours for over 15 years