Wicker public houses

any one miss the old pubs of the wicker had many a happy hour down there.

Too true Mintar down one side up the other then down to Tiffanys we used to call it the Wicker Wobble my sister Pam worked in the Big Gun for quite a while. Fond memories

I lived in the Wicker & visited them all. Regularly.:thumbsup:

The Wicker Walk was a rite of passage.From the arches to Ladys Bridge. Can you remember how many pubs ? It'd be how many kebabs nowadays !

If I remember correctly, there were seven pubs in the Wicker from the arches to Lady's Bridge. There was The Station, The Viaduct, The White Lion, The Big Gun,The New White Lion, and the two on the other side of the road were The Bull and Oak and The Brown Cow. The only one that is still a pub is The Big Gun. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be quick to correct me.

Would you class the Wicker Brewery / Ole In Wall a Wicker pub, had some good nights in there?

used to love the monday night quiz in the bull & oak when val and john ran the place.

Would you class the Wilberforce as a pub,of old.

If I remember correctly, there were seven pubs in the Wicker from the arches to Lady's Bridge. There was The Station, The Viaduct, The White Lion, The Big Gun,The New White Lion, and the two on the other side of the road were The Bull and Oak and The Brown Cow. The only one that is still a pub is The Big Gun. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be quick to correct me.

Used to frequent all those hostelries occasionally. Proper pubs not like the plastic ones nowadays.

Ah! the spittoons and sawdust on the floor - those were the days.

I remember when the The Big Gun was a revolver

The Station in the 90s with Joker and the rest of the reprabates in there was one of the best pubs Ive ever visited!

To hell with all these posh, psuedo middle clarrrrrse nancy-wancy, namby-pamby wine sucking girly boy pubs, the Wicker had real pubs with real people in them!