Parade -YORKSHIRE REGIMENT - let's make a effort for them

FREEDOM PARADE BY THE YORKSHIRE REGIMENT

Sheffield people will have the chance to see troops from the Yorkshire Regiment parade through Sheffield City Centre on Thursday 23rd October.

Soldiers from the regiment, accompanied by a military band from the Band of the Brigade of Gurkhas, will parade at lunchtime, exercising their freedom of the city.

The parade will begin at 12.15pm from Balm Green by the City Hall, and the soldiers will walk from there towards the Peace Gardens. At the Peace Gardens there will be an inspection of the troops and speeches and then the parade will continue down Fargate and then back to Balm Green finishing at approximately 1.20pm.

This parade is one of many freedom parades that the regiment are doing across Yorkshire.

The Lord Mayor of Sheffield, Cllr Jane Bird said: “I’m delighted to welcome these soldiers from the Yorkshire Regiment to the city and I’m sure many local people will feel very proud that Sheffield has strong associations with those who serve their country.”

It would be great if loads of sheffielders turned out for this -so if you have nothing to do go and see the Regiment on there march in sheffield all

Would also be great to get some pics as well ill try get some and put them on here and if others could do the same

Me too, I love military bands, and our soldiers need to see the public supporting them.

Oh damn, I thought it said Tuesday, won`t be able to go after all, I have to be at hospital Thursday.

Glad to see sheffield council is now been sensible with regard to the armed forces

I will be there!! It would be great if there was a large turnout for them.

Me and the wife will be there, we are going to London for the weekend Nov.7-8-9 and taking our grandson to be part of the Remembrance Parade and Lord Mayors Parade so the Parade in Sheffield will really get us in the mood for it. Pity the Parade in Sheffeld is not at the weekend it is something school children ought to have chance to see.

Hi there, heart warming to see people supporting our troops.Sorry will not be there for this one. We will be at the Remembrance Day parade in November as usual.

A Soldiers parents

Glad to see sheffield council is now been sensible with regard to the armed forces
A few years ago when David Baker was the Lord Mayor, iirc, three regiments were given the Freedom of the City and marched past the Town Hall, and he took the salute. One of the regiments was the Duke of Wellington's. It really was marvellous sight. As also on the occasions when the HMS Sheffield crew exercised their Freedom.

It's just a pity that they always seem to take place on a working day. I don't understand why they don't arrange them for a Sunday when most people could get along to see them?

A few years ago when David Baker was the Lord Mayor, iirc, three regiments were given the Freedom of the City and marched past the Town Hall, and he took the salute. One of the regiments was the Duke of Wellington's. It really was marvellous sight. As also on the occasions when the HMS Sheffield crew exercised their Freedom.

It's just a pity that they always seem to take place on a working day. I don't understand why they don't arrange them for a Sunday when most people could get along to see them?

I do agree RUBY i think children and others would be there to cheer them on if it was on a sunday :thumbsup:

Should be a weekend, the city gets not only more peopel shopping but more visitors they would surely stop and make a day of Sheffield if this was available to see.... depending on what lunch I get I will walk down and watch... Hopefully will get 12 lunch that day