Anyone else see the strange woman on London Road last night?

Yes... the trouble with this country is that people try too hard to help the drug addicts/prostitutes/alcoholics, etc. but forget about people who really need compassion, ie. mentally ill, elderly vulnerable people and victims of abuse, probably at the hands of the first mentioned group.

Apart from the elderly these people you mentioned probably fall into both groups. Many mentally ill, vulnerable and abused people are alchoholics/drug users and prostitutes - are you saying cast them off and don't help them?

Don't get me wrong these people should be punished for their crimes, im not saying otherwise but rehabilitation and support is needed as well. If you cast them off and leave them do you think punishment alone is going to help them get off drugs etc. - I don't at all. At the end of the day we don't want drug addicts/alcoholics in society but even if you have a complete disregard for them as individuals you should want them to be helped on a purely selfish basis - cast them off and they'll still be breaking into your house/robbing your kids etc. Maybe they still will even with help but they shouldnt' be completely abandoned as there is little or no chance of salvation then.

But no doubt the bleeding hearts in this country don't see it that way.

Could it have been one of those shaolin nuns that are on tour at the moment just up for a bit of practice ?? and halibut if you are gonna post anything either make sure it falls into one of the following categories.. factual, funny, or not at someone elses expense. back at yer fishboy :loopy::hihi::thumbsup:

Dont call Halibut Fish boy I think hes quite nice and dishy actually :-)

I saw this woman. She was clearly cracked out of her mind, violent and extremely abusive to the many people who tried to help her. She even laid into one fella who had a very small child sitting on his shoulders so sympathy wasn't very forthcoming from the onlookers.

The two guys in the middle of the road filming her went too far though, even bending down under the bus to get a better view.

The two guys in the middle of the road filming her went too far though, even bending down under the bus to get a better view.

sorry but thats reyt made me chuckle pmsl xxx

if one of your loved ones - brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, sons or daughters were one of these junkies/alcoholics your all sadly laying into with your words would any of you still feel that they dont deserve help and should provide entertainment to all you perfect citizens who have no flaws, maybe one day you may have the chance to see how it feels to have someone you love go down this road, or better still have some mindless idiots laugh and film you while you are in need of help and degrade you further....

if one of your loved ones - brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, sons or daughters were one of these junkies/alcoholics your all sadly laying into with your words would any of you still feel that they dont deserve help and should provide entertainment to all you perfect citizens who have no flaws, maybe one day you may have the chance to see how it feels to have someone you love go down this road, or better still have some mindless idiots laugh and film you while you are in need of help and degrade you further....

If shed managed to get run down by a bus, and the driver of said bus was one of YOUR loved ones, relations, would you be here now defending her?

I'm worried I'll drown in this flood of compassion.

you know what i'm saying :)

If shed managed to get run down by a bus, and the driver of said bus was one of YOUR loved ones, relations, would you be here now defending her?

Yes, I would. Random, bad consequences coming my way don't mean I can't feel the same compassion for the woman. It wasn't personal, seems to have been more like desperation.

Was in the Cremorne at about half 8, when a woman outside (at least I think it was a woman, was hard to tell) started laying down in the road in front of oncoming traffic at the bus stop, trying to get them to drive over her, and fighting off passsers by who tried to get her out of the way. She eventually crawled underneath a bus, and the police had to drag her out with the help of a taxi driver.

It was actually Carbanundumb who posts on here. HE was upset he'd been barred from Dempseys :loopy: