Sign in to follow this  

Johnny Nelson

i remember herrol bomber grahamn being really rude to me after the 4mile fun run asking 4 his autograph when i was about 13.

as for Lennox Lewis = you go guy!!!

Originally posted by Lickszz

Roy Jones is best p4p fighter in the world and has the potential to be the best ever but his unwillingness to make fights unless their on his terms is detriment to his legacy. I wouldn't expect him on these shores, no promoter in Britain could make a fight of that magnitude involving Jones in this country.

Well, you never know,it nearly came off earlier this year and to Sheffield as well but as you say Jones eventually insisted our man went to him.

I can't rember his name who went over :blush: i know he was a Sheffield fighter but he put up a convincing fight agaainst Jones.

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

Well, you never know,it nearly came off earlier this year and to Sheffield as well but as you say Jones eventually insisted our man went to him.

I can't rember his name who went over :blush: i know he was a Sheffield fighter but he put up a convincing fight agaainst Jones.

It was Clinton Woods. I think Hobson (his manager) was kidding himself if he thought he was going to get Jones over here. Woods did put up a brave effort although been way out of his depth and outclassed. My American friends gave him alot of respect for his effort as before the fight they were under the impression that Jones was fighting just another bum.

You'd assume boxers can look after themselves but then again...

I remember going to Club Uropa and Naseem walked in with his brothers/entourage. Absolute comedy, especially when all 5ft 1 inches of Naseem pushed to the bar to order water. Lets just say one or two people fancied a pop.

Does anyone remember the alleged rumour that David Hirst smacked Naseem in Josephines one night because Nas got a little aggressive with one of Hirsty's female friends?

Originally posted by jayjay03

You'd assume boxers can look after themselves but then again...

It's not just a case of dealing with the average person from the street. These sounded like some nasty people. The types who would likely come mob handed and/or armed. They were obviously aware of who it was they were dealing with and what capabilites they might have.