'' At the end of the day ''.

What really irritates me is people wiggling their fingers as if they are drawing inverted commas in the air while speaking. Where did that idea come from? How stupid does it look?

we have a friend that says "........................ having said that, ....................................." ALL THE TIME

we have a friend that says "........................ having said that, ....................................." ALL THE TIME

and his wife says ................."when all is said and done......!"

I prefer '' after all the Jacks are in their boxes ''.

I prefer '' after all the Jacks are in their boxes ''.

I hear what you're saying but, having said that, what if you were asked a question to which the answer was "at the end of the day"? If someone asked you when the sun went down you'd reply "At the end of the day" at the end of the day, wouldn't you?

I hear what you're saying but, having said that, what if you were asked a question to which the answer was "at the end of the day"? If someone asked you when the sun went down you'd reply "At the end of the day" at the end of the day, wouldn't you?

I see where you're coming from (though not in the Biblical sense).

At the end of the day, it goes dark. That's all we have to remember.