Comedy clubs - where you can stand up and take to the stage?

There are "can u jam" where slightly dodgy and some good musicians can take to the take and play a tune or two,

Are there any clubs where a budding comedian can take tentative steps onto the stage, without being ripped to pieces by a baying crowd.

Are there comedy clubs for people to "jam" as such, if so where are they and what time?

Tha min two I know are the Lescar Thur nights - they do give beginners a chance - and Takapuna upstairs wed nights once a month - tho that tends to get a slightly more professional comedian - you can always ask them ... there may be more pubs and clubs that do it also tho I dont know off top o me head ...

West st live on alternate sunday nights - its a general open mic night so a bit of comedy wouldnt go amiss...

Caper club @ Takapuna is no more, sadly.... BUT... If you search the forum for ABBCOM, you can probably get a 5min slot on there (pm Gaz, i would suggest), then you can re-post & we can come & see ya!

Mr Busdriver, there's quite a waiting list for ABBCOM these days so I'm finding out. I've been trying to wing for a 5min slot at ABBCOM...would just love to show them what I can do and then its up to them whether they want me to do it again. Don't limit yourself to Sheffield though, I'm understanding now you've got to put some travel in. Manchester and the Midlands are buzzing with places you can go. A lot of places book up quite heavily in advance. I've got a spot in Derby at the end of December and hopefully one in Leeds soon.

Hi Bus

Abbcom is a new act night at Bar Abbey, (under Abbeydale Picture House) that runs last thursday of the month. The acts we get are all new to the comedy scene ("new" ranging from having 0 to 200 gigs under their belts). We are inundated with people wanting to take their first steps onto the comedy stage so are holding a "gong" event on 12th November (wednesday) and if you want to do it I have a couple of space left for local acts so hurry up and get in touch ASAP. The idea of a "gong" evening is essentially to try and do 5 minutes without the audience "gonging" you off.

Let me know if you fancy it, it is a generally nice crowd and we normall have around 50 people in.

Mr Busdriver, there's quite a waiting list for ABBCOM these days so I'm finding out. I've been trying to wing for a 5min slot at ABBCOM...would just love to show them what I can do and then its up to them whether they want me to do it again. Don't limit yourself to Sheffield though, I'm understanding now you've got to put some travel in. Manchester and the Midlands are buzzing with places you can go. A lot of places book up quite heavily in advance. I've got a spot in Derby at the end of December and hopefully one in Leeds soon.

I, too, had been disappointed and on the verge of giving up with the half-year wait I have had so far to get onto Abbcom (Especially as I am looking at emigrating to CANADA in the next year or so); however, I will be DEFINITELY along to the Gong event; Gazza, I'll email you or PM you, as I DEFINITELY want a place on that night!

PM Sent, and I'll try and make it to Abbcom this coming Thursday.

There are "can u jam" where slightly dodgy and some good musicians can take to the take and play a tune or two,

Are there any clubs where a budding comedian can take tentative steps onto the stage, without being ripped to pieces by a baying crowd.

Are there comedy clubs for people to "jam" as such, if so where are they and what time?

Having seen some of your attempts to be funny in the football forum I really don't think comedy is for you, mate.