Plane crash at Lodgemoor hospital?

Can anyone help me. I am doing some family research and have been told that a relative of mine was killed 09.12.1955, when a plane crashed into Lodgemoor Hospital.

Does anyone know anything about this or can they point me in the right direction.

Thanks for that! It was indeed my great aunty Elsie who was the only fatality of the event. :thumbsup:

hi hte aicraft in question was american the pilot got in difficulties out over the moors he pointed the aircraft towards the ground and ejected when the the aicraft became uncontrollable, has he descended by parachute the aircraft now minus its pilot levelled out and flew on it's own before crashing into the Lodge Moor hospital it hit one of the wards I'm not sure but I think a nurse and a couple of patients were killed I have a magazine article somewhere about the story. You could try the Sheffield star or the city library for details

Can anyone help me. I am doing some family research and have been told that a relative of mine was killed 09.12.1955, when a plane crashed into Lodgemoor Hospital.

Does anyone know anything about this or can they point me in the right direction.

Hi there I don't know if you have seen my message but I must also be a relative of yours as Elsie Murdoch was my Grandma, my mother's mother. My cousins Lisa and Iain Murdoch are also cousins of yours as their father was my Uncle.

Would you like to get in touch with us?

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 05:35 ----------

Trying to get in touch with you but I have to post a few times before I can send a private message. Hopefully you will see this.