Young boys alone in the mens changing rooms.

Surely the option should be there for people who still have remnants of "victorian ways"?

If we are to cause no offence..

Some people find communal changing rooms .."offensive" is maybe too strong, but maybe "distateful"

Who on earth considers it offensive NOT to see others?

So surely, logically we should look to cater for people in a way that causes the least offence?

......... So, let's agree that children should have access to whatever changing rooms allow them to get changed with their guardian? It's hardly a big deal.

Except that you will have to change policy and rules in the majority of council facilities across the country.

Maybe we're finally starting to get over the ridiculous inherited prudery that we gained thanks to the Victorians.

There's nothing wrong with nakedness, the only politeness that need be involved is to not stare at other people.

It might be called "Victorian", but I call it simple manners. I quite like picking my nose and belching at ear-splitting volume and there is nothing wrong with either of those things, but I don't do it outside my own home because other people find it off-putting.

It might be called prudish. I agree with Fareast, as I've said, just don't keep staring at people and you won't really see anything. We're all built the same anyway, unless we're talking about mixed sex changing rooms...

If people have a problem with shared changing they can find a different leisure facility. Some do have a few cubicles, nothing wrong with that, but not all have space.

I think I've got a bit blase about the whole thing, after 12 years of doing martial arts twice a week, I'll quite happily get changed in the dojo if I need to (down to my undies, not naked you understand), I trained at a dojo for a while that only had a single unisex changing area, that did mean going without a shower though.

It might be called prudish. I agree with Fareast, as I've said, just don't keep staring at people and you won't really see anything. We're all built the same anyway, unless we're talking about mixed sex changing rooms...

If people have a problem with shared changing they can find a different leisure facility. Some do have a few cubicles, nothing wrong with that, but not all have space.

I think I've got a bit blase about the whole thing, after 12 years of doing martial arts twice a week, I'll quite happily get changed in the dojo if I need to (down to my undies, not naked you understand), I trained at a dojo for a while that only had a single unisex changing area, that did mean going without a shower though.

Hai Karate ??? :hihi::hihi::thumbsup:

It might be called "Victorian", but I call it simple manners. I quite like picking my nose and belching at ear-splitting volume and there is nothing wrong with either of those things, but I don't do it outside my own home because other people find it off-putting.

You really do have a problem with nakedness. You also use derogatory terms to describe it also...winnats hanging from hairy butt cheeks etc.

Maybe it's not about what other people think..maybe it's your perception of what other people think about you?...in which case maybe you have an unconscious dislike of what you look like naked?

From a psychological point these characteristics are usually harboured by those with voyeuristic tendencies and in denial.

dont they have cubicles anymore ? i havent been swimming in years

You really do have a problem with nakedness. You also use derogatory terms to describe it also...winnats hanging from hairy butt cheeks etc.

Maybe it's not about what other people think..maybe it's your perception of what other people think about you?...in which case maybe you have an unconscious dislike of what you look like naked?

From a psychological point these characteristics are usually harboured by those with voyeuristic tendencies and in denial.

Well thank you kindly for the cod-psychology :thumbsup: Likewise I could say that if you are so vehement about how 'natural' it is to be naked in public that you might be worryingly concerned about it still being seen as a bit pervy by some of us? Why the need for such a defence ;)

I simply find it distasteful to walk around naked in a public place. I was also raised to have good manners and to be considerate of other people, and they may not wish to see naked people wandering about when all they wanted was to go for a good, healthy swim.

I am not a hippy and I do not find public nudity to be something to simply shrug off. I'm not alone or else people would not continue to laugh at streakers ;)

If it's so 'mentally healthy' to be totally accepting of public nudity, why do people even bother to wear swimsuits?

There was never any need to mention homosexuality at all. Why did you bring it up, why did you link it to paedophilia?

If you can explain that then I'll withdraw either homophobe or prize idiot.

I doubt you can explain it though, there was no reason at any point to mention homosexuality as it's completely irrelevant to this thread and always was.

well here you go,my answer to your trolling, the general consensus on here from normal parents is.....no...i wouldnt let an 8 year old loose along strangers in a changing room, thats probably because they care for their kids and have deep seated views on kids bieng alone with men whom the parents dont know, now,if you want to let your son at that age loose amongst strangers,and it appears you would,then you run the risk of harm to your child,but it seems you are willing to gamble with that, or do you agree with children bieng in the same room as unknown strangers because you have some hidden agenda, by your defence to throw a child into a room of naked strangers i can only surmise that you are not in agreement with the normal,everyday parents who mind their children and look out for them as best they can, to put it bluntly, any man wanting young kids in a changing room without the mother is very ,very suspect..would you not agree ?

Well thank you kindly for the cod-psychology :thumbsup: Likewise I could say that if you are so vehement about how 'natural' it is to be naked in public that you might be worryingly concerned about it still being seen as a bit pervy by some of us? Why the need for such a defence ;)

I simply find it distasteful to walk around naked in a public place. I was also raised to have good manners and to be considerate of other people, and they may not wish to see naked people wandering about when all they wanted was to go for a good, healthy swim.

I am not a hippy and I do not find public nudity to be something to simply shrug off. I'm not alone or else people would not continue to laugh at streakers ;)

If it's so 'mentally healthy' to be totally accepting of public nudity, why do people even bother to wear swimsuits?

excellent post mathom ,defence of children bieng nude amongst strangers is terribly wrong ....

Because it's illegal not to?

Because it's illegal not to?

Why do you think it's illegal not to? ;)