Gas Fires - Sheffield!

We are hopefully getting the keys to our new home in the next couple of weeks, but there is no gas fire in the living room, we are looking to buy one but are on a budget, does anyone know of any gas fire showrooms which are not too expensive?

thanks

I can't think of where to buy a fire just now but do make sure that the chimney is sound and that there is a gas point before forking out on a fire. A new flue liner in a bog standard semi is about £300 if your chimeny if duff.

Leppings Lane at Hillsborough I can't remember the shop name. Argos also sell gas fires.

I'm trying to get rid of a Yeoman Stove gas fire (with flue). It's in superb condition and looks beautiful when working. We replaced it with the Real Thing last year.

Make me an offer - you never know, I might not refuse!

PM me if interested.

gas flair on leppings lane,

remember nothing is cheap now a days ..

you get what you pay for ..

b&q sell them but have a good look before you buy many are very cheaply made and they wont stand the test of time.

Don't go to a showroom full stop. Get a plumber who knows the biz (jl?) and I'm sure they'll tell you what the best value option is to take.

gas flair on leppings lane,

remember nothing is cheap now a days ..

you get what you pay for ..

b&q sell them but have a good look before you buy many are very cheaply made and they wont stand the test of time.

I'd stay well clear of them, we had a gas cooker off them last year. Needless to say TRANSCO capped it off on boxing day and riddor'd it. Chap from transco said it was one of the worst and most unsafe fits he had ever seen, and on complaining to the head office it turned out the fitter had overcharged me by 50 percent. B.R.S further down Leppings lane are much better, we have had a couple of gas fires and surrounds installed by them, fitters are much better, never had an issue with the gas after they had been.

Leppings Lane at Hillsborough I can't remember the shop name. Argos also sell gas fires.

GAS FLAIR is the one on leppings lane,good plrices as well

I'd stay well clear of them, we had a gas cooker off them last year. Needless to say TRANSCO capped it off on boxing day and riddor'd it. Chap from transco said it was one of the worst and most unsafe fits he had ever seen, and on complaining to the head office it turned out the fitter had overcharged me by 50 percent. B.R.S further down Leppings lane are much better, we have had a couple of gas fires and surrounds installed by them, fitters are much better, never had an issue with the gas after they had been.

no i would just buy the fire from them and then look round for a fitter,i can give you a number when you need it

GAS FLAIR is the one on leppings lane,good plrices as well

If you do buy from there DO NOT let them do the fitting!! there fitters nearly blew our house up last year.. edit just saw your post.. very good idea to get someone else to do the fitting.. I'll never go there again

We got ours at this shop. A while ago mind but they were quite good and reasonably priced