Has anyone been shopping in Leeds?

Hi i'm off to Leeds tomorrow with my sister, just wondered if anyone's been shopping in Leeds and can recommend the best places to go. Are the shops all within the same area? Are they far from the train station? :help::thumbsup:

The Corn Exchange is interesting (A bit like the Forum on Division Street) that's very near the Station.

A browse through Harvey Nicks is nice (even if their prices aren't! !!)

the market isn't bad.

l*ds' shopping area is in a more compact area than Sheffield's and nearer the Station than in Sheffield, but like sheffield, it's also up a hill, like walking from the station to the top of Fargate.

There ain't much of any good tbh, I prefer Meadowhall

Just aim for Briggate where Harvey Niks & the Victoria Quarter are. All the other shopping streets run off this.

There ain't much of any good tbh, I prefer Meadowhall

Well considering there are only 2 decent shops in mhell, River Island and All Saints so i'm hoping for a bit more choice in Leeds.

Watch out for the Big Issue sellers, beggars and the homeless - there are thousands.

Hi i'm off to Leeds tomorrow with my sister, just wondered if anyone's been shopping in Leeds and can recommend the best places to go. Are the shops all within the same area? Are they far from the train station? :help::thumbsup:
Dont forget yer jabs and get yer visa stamped, oh and use the dinsinfected foot wash on the way out of leeds, dont want to bring any nasty diseases back to sheffield do you :hihi::hihi: An we all hate leeds an leeds an leeds :hihi::hihi::thumbsup: I would rather go to mansfield than leeds :thumbsup:

I would rather go to mansfield than leeds :thumbsup:

Woah there, let's not go nuts. Let's try and keep a sense of proportion here!

You're brave, most people seem to hate Leeds because nothing after all could touch their precious Sheffield now could it.

Come out the train station turn right and go along boar lane then you have the Trinity and Burton arcades, near there is the Leeds shopping plaza, the Headrow shopping centre. Merrion centre on the other side of the HEadrow. Work your way downhill a bit you will go down the Headrow towards Briggate, off that pedestrian area are some more arcades, and then you get down to the Corn Exchange and the markets area. It's a lot more spread out than Meadowhall would be but there are a lot more interesting shops and things to look out, horses for courses. Plently of places to get snacks, teas and coffee from all over the place.

Come out the train station turn right and go along boar lane then you have the Trinity and Burton arcades.

Hah hah, I used to work near there. I thought Trinity Arcade was knocked down several years ago.

Is that beggar still there? Tell him Hi from me :thumbsup:

You're brave, most people seem to hate Leeds because nothing after all could touch their precious Sheffield now could it.

Come out the train station turn right and go along boar lane then you have the Trinity and Burton arcades, near there is the Leeds shopping plaza, the Headrow shopping centre. Merrion centre on the other side of the HEadrow. Work your way downhill a bit you will go down the Headrow towards Briggate, off that pedestrian area are some more arcades, and then you get down to the Corn Exchange and the markets area. It's a lot more spread out than Meadowhall would be but there are a lot more interesting shops and things to look out, horses for courses. Plently of places to get snacks, teas and coffee from all over the place.

To be fair, for me it's a football thing, a bias thing (Look Leeds) and it is less Friendly - fact! I have seen the place as being more successful but when your get past your teens and 20's and look beyond how many cool shops a city has then frankly it's a lifeless carbuncle!

I'd reply and disagree but the mods have made it clear my contributions would be removed.