Poor comedy or Racism?

The clip is embarrassingly unfunny but, to be fair, there could be a reason for the Bob Marley references (other than them both being black) that 25 years later we don't remember? Then again, it is probably just embarrassingly unfunny.

manning ,carson,murphy, prior, all tell or told racial jokes all funny men that i would have payed to see i would like to see some of the so called funny men today follow them on stage ps i think a lot of people today look for reasons to be offended &barrymore is not a funny man anyhow

barrymore is not a funny man anyhow

That's a matter of opinion ....... Jesus, even I'm being un-PC now :D

I used to like barrymore when he did the "my kind of people" shows, i do feel really sorry for him now though, his life has become 1 big mess. But that clip was sooo not funny, and even sooo not racist.

I used to like barrymore when he did the "my kind of people" shows, i do feel really sorry for him now though, his life has become 1 big mess. But that clip was sooo not funny, and even sooo not racist.

How can you feel sorry for a rapist and a murderer?

Sorry, alleged rapist and murderer.

The mans a sick joke.

How can you feel sorry for a rapist and a murderer?

Sorry, alleged rapist and murderer.

The mans a sick joke.

Exactly that though, Alleged? He hasnt been found guilty of anything as far as im aware?

It's nothing like Ali G. Ali G and Borat aren't making fun of the people they portray, more the reaction of the people who they meet.

Whereas here, the 'comedian' is just acting out a crap stereotype as the joke itself.

I suppose it would be quite similar to John Barnes walking round a swimming pool making jokes about dead people with a limp wrist.

But Barnes has more class than that, we only have to see the video of the goal against Brazil for evidence of that!

Sounds like a scene out of psycho :lol:

It's nothing like Ali G. Ali G and Borat aren't making fun of the people they portray, more the reaction of the people who they meet.

Whereas here, the 'comedian' is just acting out a crap stereotype as the joke itself.

I suppose it would be quite similar to John Barnes walking round a swimming pool making jokes about dead people with a limp wrist.

But Barnes has more class than that, we only have to see the video of the goal against Brazil for evidence of that!

:rolleyes:

The clip is embarrassingly unfunny but, to be fair, there could be a reason for the Bob Marley references (other than them both being black) that 25 years later we don't remember? Then again, it is probably just embarrassingly unfunny.

No, I don't think there was.

My memories are of problems with fans who were yet to be issued with banning orders, makinf jungle noises and throwing bananas at Barnes.

Though I agree with the posts earlier that it is more "tacky" than hardcore racism, it certainly

did nothing to discourage the very real racism on the terraces.