Can you really tell you are pregnant before your period is due?

I apparantely go sheet white days before a pg test picks anything up for me! DH seems to know before I do.

Hi,

I wonder if any of you had any pregnancy symptoms before you could take a pregnancy test. Is it possible to know before a missed period? I feel a strange "pulling" pain, I don't know how to put it, it's as if somebody was pulling a little string just behind my navel. It can't be... can it? Apart from that, I haven't felt my usual period pains, which tend to start a good few days before any bleeding appears.

Oh, I bet it's nothing. But out of curiosity, can you really tell you are pregnant this early, or is it just wishful thinking that makes you imagine something is going on inside you?

With my daughter, 10 years ago I felt I had a virus. my doctor was constantly saying he thought i was pregnant, he was one of those. We had been trying so I did a test before I went. it was positive. I started to bleed the next day, was sent for a scan, and was 7 days pregnant (TV scan showed a 2mm cystic space!). This time my boobs were sore at what I consider to be 2 weeks after conception (unless my last period occurred whilst i was pregnant). the continuing symptoms led to a positive test at 3 1/2 weeks.

WARNING you may not be taken seriously until 8 weeks, so don't expect sudden responses from a doctor or midwife if something goes wrong before then. I an 7 weeks, have been bleeding since 3 1/2 weeks and have only just got a scan date to check things are OK.

Good luck all

I had a stitch like sensation 2 days running, and and felt truly exhausted so l guessed l was and tested +

I only tested because I was a week late (we'd only been trying a month though so didn't expect it to be positive!) I never had a metalic taste in my mouth and felt perfectly normal until I was about 8-10 weeks gone, it was then I started feeling sick, tired and dizzy. But up until that stage if i hadn't have tested i'd have had no idea what so ever I was pregnant!

I ate a whole jar of pickled onions and then tested having realised how out of character that was, came up positive 3 days before my period was due :)

I know it sounds silly but I 'just knew'. I did the test about 4 days before I was due and sure enough... Now 28 weeks.