Can you really tell you are pregnant before your period is due?

Hi,

I wonder if any of you had any pregnancy symptoms before you could take a pregnancy test. Is it possible to know before a missed period? I feel a strange "pulling" pain, I don't know how to put it, it's as if somebody was pulling a little string just behind my navel. It can't be... can it? Apart from that, I haven't felt my usual period pains, which tend to start a good few days before any bleeding appears.

Oh, I bet it's nothing. But out of curiosity, can you really tell you are pregnant this early, or is it just wishful thinking that makes you imagine something is going on inside you?

A metallic taste in the mouth is often a very early sign. It's too easy to psych yourself into thinking your insides feel different, but that taste is unmistakeable

Saying that I did not get the metalic taste at all. Only way to know for sure is to do a test.

Hope can be a powerful emotion though, We were trying for 3 and a half years before we got lucky so I know what it is like to sit wishing that you are pregnant.

Good luck and I hope you get what you want.

My sister knew before she missed her period with each of her children!!! she said her tummy felt full!!! and she hs a metalic taste in her mouth all the time

I felt sick virtually the minute baby waxy was concieved. I knew what it was straight away. Like being on a boat. Yuck

I suddenly found that I needed to go to the toilet more and was going to go the Dr's about a possible infection. Then about 2 weeks later, did the test and found I was pregnant.

I suddenly found that I needed to go to the toilet more

^^^ me too ^^^

i just felt strange with all 3 of mine, i knew i was pregnant and diid tests before i missed a period and they were all negative but i knew i was pregnant and yeah i was

I never knew, I think with my son I did a test the day I was due on the offchance and there was the faintest blue line, with the girls I was 2-3 months gone each time :hihi:

I had a megga craving for bacon sandwiches with all three pregnancies before there was an obvious signs. Can't explain it. Didn't continue the craving through the rest of the pregnancy, just that early moment.

The first sign for me was I went off any kind of sex(!), I just felt like I had sand in my ladyparts within days of conception! At first I blamed it on having a smear done, but it went on for the whole month. Then I needed to wee more. Then I got period cramps but no bleeding and phenomenal exhaustion and my nice new trousers suddenly felt too tight because I got so bloated.