Son robbed for cash outside school

so why didn't they do that when he handed over 10 pence, hardly 3 grand is it.

its because 4 people wont go over the top to beat up a random "little" kid.. they saw an easy target, all im saying is maybe they would have been surprised if he turned around and stood up to them.

That only works in films and soaps im afraid.

instead of adding the ones to your post count, maybe you could go outside and check out what its really like for school kids.

it wont be the last time he gets approached by a gang, its not avoiding it... (like most think) its about how you handle it...

Thanks for all the support!

Just thought I`d give you a bit of an update, I have just rang the school to find out if they have reported it to the police, they said they "havn`t got round to it yet!" :suspect: but said they would try and do it later as they have another incident which they need to report.

So I have reported it myself, the police were very good about it and are coming round to take a statement from my son.

Will let you know what happens.

I don't understand why you didn't do this in the first place? since when is it the school's responsibility to resolve 'assaults' ?! :huh:

Yes kids are involved .. but so what? if this happened inside school premises, it should still be referred onto the Police.

I'm intrigued as to what you actually expect the school to do in this case?

If I thought it was that easy mate I would`ve done it (believe me I would`ve enjoyed watching it aswell) but sadly things arn`t that simple.

Whatever you do has repercussions, so this is the time I show my son the right way to go about things, I just hope his faith in the authoritive bodies isn`t dashed.

Absolutely the right attitude lyndix.

As others have said, this is a matter for the police. Even though it might seem to many as a simple case of bullying, it isn't. It's an attempted robbery and assualt by a group, taken very seriously by the police.

Personally I wouldn't worry about getting names, I'd make a statement straight away and tell the school that's your intention (it tends to motivate senior teachers who are conscious of negative publicity).

I don't understand why you didn't do this in the first place? since when is it the school's responsibility to resolve 'assaults' ?! :huh:

Yes kids are involved .. but so what? if this happened inside school premises, it should still be referred onto the Police.

I'm intrigued as to what you actually expect the school to do in this case?

I think Lindix has initmated why. You have to take into consideration what action your child wants you to take, especially if they fear retaliation. Understandibly as parents you'd want them to be strong and confident, but at the end of the day they're at the receiving end and you can't guarantee anyone will be there the next time it happens.

If the little swines who did this were wearing school uniform, then yes involve the school. Schools are part of the community so it's reasonable to expect them to take an interest in what goes on with the children they teach once they're outside of the school gate. Apart from which if there's this sort of thing going on, chances are the little thugs are at it within the school. If the schools policy on bullying isn't getting through, personally I think it's reasonable to expect them to start metering out some reminders or sanctions.

Good luck with this lyndix. Hope your son's OK.

It should be reported to the police as assault. :thumbsup:

If it happened on a weekend with the same kids involved, it wouldn't be the school's responsibility to resolve the issue, so why should it be now?

:huh:

i didnt say it was the schools responsibility. however,they will know who these kids are and have a duty to protect all the kids who attend there. The OP said that these kids are well known bullies. The school should and can help reprimand them,but they have to know whats goin on in the first place.

yeah thats it, spot on! not.

why not tell your son, not to hand over things to strangers and stop being weak. i know id rather go down fighting than being made look a fool handing money over.

you sound like a bully yourself. How on earth can you call this poor kid 'weak'??

TROLL..............

you sound like a bully yourself. How on earth can you call this poor kid 'weak'??

TROLL..............

Yes, calling a young child weak sounds pretty cowardly coming from (presumably :suspect:) an adult. Things aren't always as simple as that, especially when there are several attackers.

Best of luck Lyndix, I hope your son is ok and that these kids get suitably punished.

Grrr, bullying makes me so angry! :rant:

The police have just been and they seem to think its a case of bullying rather than robbing, so have advised us to hassle the school.(which I am going to be doing come monday mornin)

They also said that its the schools responsibility from the kids leaving the school to getting home(which I didn`t know)

I will insist on speaking to the head on monday and if I don`t get any joy then I will be going to the governing body above her.

I`m sure if these kids are doing it to everybody then they arn`t going to be hard to find.

Exactly Lyndix! They won't be hard to find......is he okay by the way, such a horrible thing to happen! The school will probably deny anyway.

LOL... the one about school's responsibility between school and home?

When my daughter just walked out of school to indulge in her passion of internet dating, did the school stop her? Did they care where she got to? Did they care what happened to her?.......NO they did NOT!

well like other people have said you can ring somone up but i seriously doubt anything will happen assault in this country normally goes unnoticed.

My sister once got jumped at college by 2 asian guys (yes guys vs one girl) she repeatadly kneed one and broke his rib (kick boxing = win) and even though they through the first hit and cctv proved it... they took my sister to court for assault... and it only got dropped because the asian was an illegal immagrant and was deported... i mean how funny is that..

but seriously maybe you should sort this yourself find them and basically make them crap themselves dont need to use violence but im sure grabbing one by neck and using some abuse would teach some lessons.