Shops that sell magnets

morrisons petrol stations are selling a case of screwdrivers which include a magnet that looks like a pen and extends like a car ariel to about a metre which is small but powerfull, this would be handy cause it would save you from bending down. the screwdrivers are good quality and there is also some other bits n bobs that would come in handy.

i bought a set when jet petrol stations where doing them n am sure these are the same, only draw back is there about £11, which is alot just for the magnet, but a good price for the full set.

I'd try Big Magnets R us they're guarunteed to have exactly what you want.

Hi, they recommended the largest pocket magnet, just under £6, with next day fed ex for £2.99, so not bad I think. :)

If I remember correctly you are going to get Tesco points (whatever they are) worth 1p for 2 cans. This means you need to have 1800 cans just to pay for the magnet. I hope you have a big house.

If I remember correctly you are going to get Tesco points (whatever they are) worth 1p for 2 cans. This means you need to have 1800 cans just to pay for the magnet. I hope you have a big house.

Every little helps :D

The time involved would be the issue for me though.

Magnets that big will be expensive. Could you make a electro magnet with an iron core and a low voltage power supply?

Can you invent the aluminium magnet and make a fortune with me as you manager.

Unfortunately for us, it's believed all the bauxite has been discovered. (There's still plenty of gold in the ground though.)

If people don't recycle aluminium, then even if consumption doesn't increase, it will run out and the prices will soar - It'll probably cost more than gold.

Recycling aluminium (by melting it down in an electrical furnace) is far cheaper than extracting the stuff from bauxite.

Errr, completely wrong - auminium is one of the most plentiful elements in the earth - it is the third most common after Oxygen and silicon and makes up about 8% of the earth's solid surface.

It doesn't have to be a big magnet just powerful.

If you can get hold of an old hard drive you can take out the rare earth magnets and use them, and they are very powerful.

I need a magnet to check my aluminium cans, anyone know where they sell them ? Not the little toy ones , but a decent size :)

Best way is to scrounge an old scrap speaker. Smash it open and the circular part at the back is a big strong magnet.

My Aunt Fanny sells them! ... Mine works brilliantly! :D

I need a magnet to check my aluminium cans, anyone know where they sell them ? Not the little toy ones , but a decent size :)

try cermag on tyler street they manucture magnets might even give you one