Shops that sell magnets

I live in Australia, but was born in Sheffield. My Mum, aged 74, has a longing to buy some fridge magnets, the acrylic ones, about 2 inches by 3-1/2 inches, depicting scenes of Sheffield, Bakewell, Castleton, Mam Tor, etc. I was wondering if anybody has noticed these types of fridge magnets for sale in their local newsagents or a souvenir shop? If so, could you let me have the name, address and telephone number or maybe their website, if they have one.

I have been surfing the net and ringing tourist information centres but haven't had too much luck. Would appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you very much. P.S. Enjoying reading discussions in the forum, makes me homesick!

If anywhere sells them, it will be the Sheffield Scene shop, near the Town Hall.

:hihi: Thankyou cgksheff and Andy for your replies. Will check both places out. This is my first attempt at forums and I'm thrilled to have received your responses. It's 9.20 pm Saturday night in Tasmania and I am watching The Bill. (That's great excitement I hear you say).

Hope you are both well and happy. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Andy

If anywhere sells them, it will be the Sheffield Scene shop, near the Town Hall.

Sheffield Scene

49 Surrey Street,

Tel: 0114 273 1723

I might be able to make you some magnets if you can tell me which specific scenes she'd be interested in? I've not posted here (once ages ago I think) so can't use the PM thingy yet. If you're interested send me an e-mail and we can talk about it brakkenjan at hotmail.com

Regards:)

Thankyou Don_Kiddick, cgksheff (for the address) and BJan for offering to make fms, it's really very kind of you. I have managed to locate a company, via Sheffield Scene, which deals in fridge magnets and souvenirs for Sheffield and surrounding areas and am in contact with them. Hopefully I will be purchasing a few from them, which I guess will be the easiest solution.

Cheers to all of you for all your help.

where can i buy a magnet for home use. not a big industrial one. or a fridge one. a reasonable strong magnet. how much would i pay.