Coronation Buildings - Infirmary Rd

Hi! I remember the woollens and pat as well! Also the shops! Plus posh blanchards! I went to upperthorpe school but changed to Philadelphia as it was nearer! Then off to Chaucer secondary! Dad went to the gatefield! It was opposite our flat windows!

hya,spent my youth in there ,langsette cycles across the road,the old gatefield pub , just a bit further up . the dragon pub a little further down ,i remember the wollens who lived above the cafe, you are right about the owners name , it was horace ,his daughter also worked there, her name i think was pat ,:):)

Hi Roy, would that be Rosalind Woollen? I know she lived somewhere around there. She went to same school as me. She had an aunt who had a flower shop on Meadow Street I think.

I remember a chap called Jack Call, he had a son, John. I think at least one of them worked at Osbornes.

Hi Roy, would that be Rosalind Woollen? I know she lived somewhere around there. She went to same school as me. She had an aunt who had a flower shop on Meadow Street I think.

yes thats the one, V how are you ?

Hello , I am Pammie 's brother . Rosalin and Gilliam Woollen lived on the middle floor , they moved to Chesterfield Rd, I think ? , John Cole lived directly above them on the top floor next door to our Nan. I heard that John went to Australia ? but again not certain. Mrs Young also had a disabled son Brian who loved cricket and used to make us cricket stumps at Remploy !!, sadly he died a few years after the demolition. I thought the café owner was Percy ? but it could have been Horace ? , he opened another café just across the road.

yes thats the one, V how are you ?

Not so bad Roy, how`s yourself? Wouldn`t it be nice if we could turn the clock back for a while and visit all these places again. I bet a million people have said that and my favourite era would be the 50s/60s.

Hi! Gordonston wow more names I now remember!

My wife tells me she was born at No9 above Marsden's Pork butchers, she left there in 1953.

We lived next door at no 10 but that could be a bit later! Mrs shaw and her family lived there when we did. They had a daughter called Andrea!

Actually Andrea might be the name of the girl who lived above them! Soooo very long ago!!

Edited by Pammie
Memory!

Yes , Andrea lived on the top floor in the opposite corner to our Nan , They were Mr & Mrs Shaw as was Mr & Mrs ( Bill ) Shaw who lived next to us at No.9 ? , two Shaw's ...confusing !, we flitted from No. 1 to No 10 in 1954 ,so the Shaw's would already have been there. Confused .... there was also two Smith families as well !!!!.

hi gordonston pammie do you remember me david cam or cammy ilived above you at no 17 we used to be good friends played football in the big yard we used the entrys for the goals and the square in the stair railings for a game we played i can remember where some of the people lived next door to me was the stamps later my brother jimmy next was duggi alice and alan smith next john cole and his dad then your nan and grandad was they called charsworth next was somebody called sciferners something like that then my sister pat next on the middle floor they was you at no 10 then the shaws then david and pete stacey and there mum then the woolens not sure who lived next door then there was wendy smith then the bells ground floor was brian young and his mum then margret bell and accross the yard phil hartley you were a blade i was an owl can you remember i think we both went to hillsborough to watch wed and utd utd won 2 0 jones and birchnall scored i was gutted and iwould not drink tizer because it was red happy days ps how is jenniefer