Laptop graphics interferance

Hi,

When i run my laptop (compaq nx9005) from its battery i have no problem with my graphic's ( i run a karaoke so tv out to seperate monitors ), As soon as i plug in my power lead for the lap top I get interferance in the form of wavey lines picture degregation to the point where the words are no longer visable and even the dreaded blue screen from the other monitors/tv's. If i unplug the power cord from the laptop everything is ok again. Now i know the obvious way round this is to make sure i just use the battery ( doh) but on some occasions I.e and 8 hour gig (yes i do have thease) i can not run on the battery for the full gig.

Any suggestions as to stopping the interferance from the laptop's power source,

any help appreciated

thanks

mark :loopy:

Are you using the correct power adapter for the laptop? Have you tried another to see if this is the problem?

Sounds like a shielding issue but you would need to test with another to establish whether the problem is with the laptop of the power supply.

I dont seem to remember a problem with the old power supply i had to get a new one about 3 months ago perhaps you could be right and another power supply could solve this annoying isssue seems very low quality adapters though if they only lasting a couple of months, will try and find the relevant adapter for this model from the manufacturer rather than ebay in china lol thanks for your input

Quite right, original manufacturers equipment should last a LOT longer than 3 months, in fact they should really last the life of the laptop.

But then again, I would doubt Chinese copies will be manufactured to the same standard.

Good Luck!

if you cannot find a genuine 1 which is increasingly harder these days due to the humongous numbers of fakes, then the trust 1300p at £30ish will do the job and will probably work out better in the long run as it has a 2 year warranty

if you cannot find a genuine 1 which is increasingly harder these days due to the humongous numbers of fakes, then the trust 1300p at £30ish will do the job and will probably work out better in the long run as it has a 2 year warranty

Whats one of them ??? and where would i get it from ?? am struggling to find original power supply for my laptop cant seem to match part numbers up. :loopy:

Try picking out your EXACT model number from THIS LOT

Even if you don't buy from HP direct it will give you an idea of cost.

Thanks to both of you have found the right part now going to get direct from HP least i know the money will be well spent ( just under 40 quid ) have found some others at 20 quid range but think they may just cause the same problem again in a couple of months.

Thanks again

mark

Hope it solves the problem ... let us all know.

Quite right, original manufacturers equipment should last a LOT longer than 3 months, in fact they should really last the life of the laptop.

Don't buy an Acer then! They only put a 3,6 or 12 month warranty on some of their components.

Yep, been caught out with Acer more than once! Very poor build quality IMO.