First 52 Red Weekly ticket going up AGAIN!

Heyesey, you are nothing more than a troll

I'm not the one accusing other people of being selfish because I don't have cheaper travel than they do any more. You might want to rethink these insults, since all they do is make you look even more stupid than you already did.

But its not, if the ticket is to rise to £9 then stagecoach will do the same, so in order to buy a ticket to use the 52 route you need 2x£9 tickets .. so £18 a week!

Or you can accept a 50% cut in service and sit waiting for your bus to come while others sale past.

Or you could buy a Sheffield Travelmaster at £18.60 a week which allows you to use any bus regardless of company, tram and train in Sheffield boundary.

They have always been promoted as promotional prices just as the 88 & 83 Stagecoach fares have. Its still cheapers than the rest of us pay so why complain over it. Yes of course Stagecoach will put their price up a week after. They need to make money just like First do.

Self defeating., selfish trash. All you are saying is, "you pay less then me so go screw".

If no one stands up to price hikes like this then we ALL lose out. Look at our utility bills for example, they don’t do the same in France, even though one of the UK's biggest suppliers is French!

This is precisely why we always get lumbered with higher bills, people like you don’t care unless it directly affects you and your response is nothing more then a two finger solute to everyone. If you can’t see you are making a problem for everyone then you need glasses!

What about those people on very tight budgets? How do they feel having their travel costs hiked by 80%? Do you think it doesn’t affect people? Maggie was right, there IS no such thing as society community, especially not in Sheffield.

The Sheffield motto should be changed to 'I’m all right Jack'

So you want those of us who have been paying £15 a week to protest against rises in a heavily discounted fare on the most frequent bus service in Sheffield that we've been subsidising through our outrageous fare prices? And do you think that those of us paying £15 aren't on tight budgets too?

The selfish ones were the "I'm alright Jack" types who happily rolled over and accepted the discounted price from First (a move they made to pretend they weren't bleeding Sheffield dry in the face of growing public anger) whilst the rest of us got screwed with ever increasing fares for increasingly worse services.

My shares in First have taken a nosedive this last week.

Put the prices up more I'd say.

There was a post earlier in the thread regarding "its the same in each area that is serviced by first and stagecoach" its not actually true. I say this as im visiting manchester where my girlfriend lives and most routes (operated by stagecoach (stagecoach magic bus) are £5 a week, with most first routes being £7.50.

It appears that no matter how much we complain about it nothing will change we can only hope that they take these thoughts into consideration.

And further to this, we shouldnt blame the bus company's wanting to make the extra cash, dont SYPTE have a certain say in wether the prices are fair and justified. I mean its not a non profit organisation..or is it; i dont know?

So you want those of us who have been paying £15 a week to protest against rises in a heavily discounted fare on the most frequent bus service in Sheffield that we've been subsidising through our outrageous fare prices? And do you think that those of us paying £15 aren't on tight budgets too?

The selfish ones were the "I'm alright Jack" types who happily rolled over and accepted the discounted price from First (a move they made to pretend they weren't bleeding Sheffield dry in the face of growing public anger) whilst the rest of us got screwed with ever increasing fares for increasingly worse services.

Not at all. Were are you getting that your bus service susidises the 52 route? You said it yourself, its the most frequent bus service and so profits must be higher plus the route is much shorter, so again more profitable. There are more people on the buses traveling a shorter distance. Its going to be more profitable from the onset so tickets can be cheaper. Its simple economics.

Does anyone know if the day savers are going up on the 52s, I only get one on a saturday morning and usually take the right money with me, so will i need to be taking any more change with me?

Or you could buy a Sheffield Travelmaster at £18.60 a week which allows you to use any bus regardless of company, tram and train in Sheffield boundary.

They have always been promoted as promotional prices just as the 88 & 83 Stagecoach fares have. Its still cheapers than the rest of us pay so why complain over it. Yes of course Stagecoach will put their price up a week after. They need to make money just like First do.

Why pay so much for a service you do not want to use. Most people in the 52route use the bus to get to and from town, that’s it. Why should you be forced to pay for tram travel etc if you will never use it :huh:

That’s like justifying a high plane ticket because it’s got free access to a Pedalo in Benidorm, but the flight goes to Moscow :loopy:

Does anyone know if the day savers are going up on the 52s, I only get one on a saturday morning and usually take the right money with me, so will i need to be taking any more change with me?

Yes, the driver said they are all going up.

whilst I accept that the £5 fare was a promo price, it lasted more than a year, I expected a price rise at some point but to jump to £9 just after it went to £7 a couple of months ago is ridiculous imo.

I did a survey on the 52 this morning, wish I'd have known this info then!

It appears that no matter how much we complain about it nothing will change we can only hope that they take these thoughts into consideration.

It’s a shame because if people stood together on matters like this, in the way they do in France we could all get a better deal, but most are too selfish to understand that concept until it effects them directly.

An 80% increase of anything over 3 months would shock most people. If you walked into your local shop and your favourite packet of crisps had gone from 40p to 72p within the same time frame you would probably buy something else. That’s because we have consumer choice in this scenario, we do not have a choice when it comes to Bus travel. It is a monopoly or operates as one as the two companies who operate buses follow each others pricing to the decimal point.