First 52 Red Weekly ticket going up AGAIN!

I spoke with a bus driver this morning who told me I had good timing in buying a new £7 Red weekly ticket as they were going up to £9 on Saturday!

This is the second rise in the price of the ticket in about 6 months. They were £5 a week earlier in the year, they are currently £7 and from Saturday they will be £9. That’s an 80% rise in a year!

How are they justifying this rise in price?

They probably think squeeze em until the pips squeak got to think of our bonuses etc LOL

I don't think you've much to complain about, you're still getting a discounted price. A weekly saver on the routes down Chesterfield Rd is £13 I think (possibly more like £15 now I think of it, not bought one for a while), which is a complete rip off.

they need to take some of these buses off and put them on the 25A route at night and sundays so we can have buses from town where we can get them instead of having to walk to the bus station only for the 14

Relax - the previous price hikes were apparently due to the surge in fuel prices. Now these have gone back down it wont be long before they pass the savings back on to the customer in the form of price reductions.:thumbsup:

Relax - the previous price hikes were apparently due to the surge in fuel prices. Now these have gone back down it wont be long before they pass the savings back on to the customer in the form of price reductions.:thumbsup:

What planet do you live on? They are no more likely to drop the price than they are to tell their drives to be polite.

I dont know how you can moan about the price going up, its only red and orange routes that get a cheap weekly saver, to everyone else on a first bus its £15.00 week.

dont grumble

I dont know how you can moan about the price going up, its only red and orange routes that get a cheap weekly saver, to everyone else on a first bus its £15.00 week.

dont grumble

Exactely!

(mesg too short)

dont grumble

Self defeating., selfish trash. All you are saying is, "you pay less then me so go screw".

If no one stands up to price hikes like this then we ALL lose out. Look at our utility bills for example, they don’t do the same in France, even though one of the UK's biggest suppliers is French!

This is precisely why we always get lumbered with higher bills, people like you don’t care unless it directly affects you and your response is nothing more then a two finger solute to everyone. If you can’t see you are making a problem for everyone then you need glasses!

What about those people on very tight budgets? How do they feel having their travel costs hiked by 80%? Do you think it doesn’t affect people? Maggie was right, there IS no such thing as society community, especially not in Sheffield.

The Sheffield motto should be changed to 'I’m all right Jack'

To raise their pricing by such a huge amount is the problem.

Lowering it by an equally huge amount didn't cause any complaints. I don't see that large changes in a price are a valid cause for any griping.

Self defeating., selfish trash.'

Yes, it is. Stop whinging about having to pay six pounds less than everyone else, on no better grounds than that you use to be able to pay ten pounds less than everyone else.

Yawn!

Heyesey, you are nothing more than a troll and I have proven you wrong and shown your contradictions more than once. You bore me, go away.