CB radio - is it a dying hobby?

I remember having a CB radio - back in the day.

It was great fun adn the only way to keep in touch - they weree the days (late nights under my duvet, chatting all ngiht to my friends tryinng to be quiet so my mum didnt hear)

That was before MSN, Skype, facebook and the like - I mean now a days, even my mobile phone has MSN and skype for free on it - Why would you use something that can only connect such a short distance, when i can chat via skype to my friend on other side of hte world for free from my mobile!!

It would be like playing Astroid on a BBC computer in the year 2008 and thinking it was the latest invention

yeah that was it ... gg's .....all those erm long ariels with the glowing thingy bobs on that lit up when you were talking

he he really fun remembering ....big ben, firth park and big bens sister where are you now

the internet has killed it thats whats happened

yeah but aint it a shame,key tappin to strangers...cb-ers used to have regular meets at various clubs every week..made loads of genuine friends on cb

I had some great times and met some fantastic people too, some who Im still in touch with now. I havent been on the c.b for years, but from what people tell me, its nowhere near the same as it used to be, which is a shame.

I was Ernest Straight Deal

yeah but aint it a shame,key tappin to strangers...cb-ers used to have regular meets at various clubs every week..made loads of genuine friends on cb

You realise that can just as easily be said in reverse? No more talking to random strangers, Net friends have regular meets, and I've made loads of genuiine friends on the web - including my partner.

Personally I never had any experience with CB radio. Used to have a friend in Swindon, who got herself a set so that she could hook up with passing truckers for lots of casual sex.